Do the latest Pixels seem to be more problem free than a month ago?

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
I pre-ordered my last Pixel and received it about exactly a month ago. The phone was great, but the touch sensitivity was not detecting half my touches, and seemed to be not accurate. The problem was the entire screen, not just the sides that Google has acknowledged. The phone was sent back to be returned. So waiting about a month, I pulled the trigger last night and ordered another one. I hope it's flawless. Anyone really seeing problems with there phones that were received in the last few weeks? Thanks

briareos4

Nov 22, 2017
Visit site
In comparing the in-store phones at launch with the latest phones being sent to the stores (I just bought my 2xl 3 days ago and I had my store rep power open 2 other new phones so I could compare blue tint. All had it), I would say that Google has not made any changes to the assembly line. So what you get will be the same as Day 1, but you'll get the November update downloaded after you power up. Hopefully you won't get another lemon. Mine has been perfect to this point.

Last edited:

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I ordered one on Thanksgiving as well. Hoping for a problem-free phone! I believe I've only ever replaced one phone since starting with the original Droid phone (never went iPhone). This will be my first time leaving a Droid/Motorola phone as well.

I do keep note of the "issues", but I also remind myself that people tend to bring up the issues more often than not on the forums. There most likely is tons more with perfectly fine phones.

Last edited:

sixty_four

Nov 29, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both ordered Pixel 2 in early October. Hers crashed whenever she tried to use her front camera. Mine had buttons that were slightly too flush with the body, making them difficult to press. RMA'ed both and the replacement devices have been flawless so far.

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I broke my first perfect Pixel 2 and replaced it through the insurance. The new one they sent me has a crazy messed up vibrate motor. I'm getting my third one tomorrow. It'll be brand new also. I'll report back.

Go0gle

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
My mid-October build date Pixel 2 XL has a stuck pixel, randomly reboots 1-2 times a day, and the screen is very uneven both with regards to brightness and white uniformity. RMA is in process.

UPDATE:

Received my replacement Pixel XL 2 today with a Nov 3 build date (previous one was mid-October). New one has a worse screen than the original. Bright green bar at the bottom of the screen while displaying white, and a very red/pink cast to the entire screen. Hope the third RMA is the charm, if not I am returning for a full refund and re-evaluating my options.

Last edited:

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Interesting, I had a 26-Oct built and shipped from factory 30-Oct then arrived 21-Nov that had serious issues, RMA built 12-Nov shipped from factory 16-Nov arrived to me 24-Nov no issues thus far.

Wonder if a batch of October phones sat somewhere where environmental conditions caused problems.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I feel like phones released right at the beginning of their launch or lifespan will often have a few hiccups and glitches - things the manufacturer need to sort out and tweak a bit. And, of course, every phone line has a couple units here and there that are lemons. There are a number of variables as to why these things happen; but at least there's always a way to fix things, either by getting a replacement or using one's insurance policy - and it's great that Google has a two-year policy for us!

Hopefully your next phone works well for you! Keep us posted!

ScottH323

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
So....., I got my new(replacement) pixel yesterday, and it is great. 0 problems. No touch/accuracy issues at all. Loving the new phone even more.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I received my panda pixel 2 xl on Nov 18 and no blue tint. I'm hoping they did change the hardware as mine is blue tint free. Also a reviewer made a video and mentioned the same thing not showing the blue tint and even showed it on camera. I can take pics if you want to see.

nomi1978

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
The touch screen sensitivity on mine has been off as well. I have to hit certain menus multiple times. The corners are even worse. just got it 4-5 days ago.

Blue tint is less noticeable on this device vs the demo I tried in store.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
supposedly they fixed the issues in the last update where when you touch the sides of the display it wasn't being responsive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699