do you miss the headphone jack?

Scholfield03

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Hey all,

Considering picking up a pixel 2 but am concerned with the lack of a dedicated headphone jack. Do those of you who have the phone miss the jack?

Forest Dane

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
Nope. Having a connector makes it simple anyway as I just leave it on my Bose ready. For my other Bose Qc25 I've bought a Bluetooth converter

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey all,

Considering picking up a pixel 2 but am concerned with the lack of a dedicated headphone jack. Do those of you who have the phone miss the jack?

Nope.... I leave my connector connected to my headphones and I just ordered an extra one for other headphones for 9 bucks on the Google store.

Jaylandau

Mar 7, 2012
Visit site
yes, the Type C connector seems loose and the earphones start and stop if i touch the plug. Makes useing wired useless. Wireless just doesn't last long enough.

hpilot

May 11, 2011
Visit site
It's bothers the heck out of me. The connector is very stiff, unlike my headphone cable. That really makes things awkward. I researched wireless headphones, but the reviews on ALL of them suck (except the AirPods, which would never work for me). The only USB C headphones I could find are sold by Google. I think I will have to try them. I wish Shure would make a USB C cord I could put on my $500 Shure SE535. What's so stupid is that to use USB C headphones or Bluetooth headphones, you don't have to take out the 3.5 mm jack.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It's bothers the heck out of me. The connector is very stiff, unlike my headphone cable. That really makes things awkward. I researched wireless headphones, but the reviews on ALL of them suck (except the AirPods, which would never work for me). The only USB C headphones I could find are sold by Google. I think I will have to try them. I wish Shure would make a USB C cord I could put on my $500 Shure SE535. What's so stupid is that to use USB C headphones or Bluetooth headphones, you don't have to take out the 3.5 mm jack.

A USB C cord would have to have a DAC built into it in order to work it's not just an adapter like on the Moto Z force.

e30ernest

Nov 23, 2010
www.bmwe30cc.org
Yes, I fully realize that. I want Shure to include a killer DAC and Amp in the cord.

Fellow Shure user here... That would be awesome!

I don't miss the headphone jack though. I've been using a separate dedicated player for years since most phones simply did not pair well enough or did not have good sound output to start with. The Pixel 2 dongles are the first to come close to good enough audio quality for me.

mxmarcus

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I am good with my Bluetooth headphones. Even the old ones at the bottom of my junk drawer are working with the Pixel 2 XL

Scholfield03

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
my concern is not so much with having the adapter for the single pair of headphones but more about being out with friends and wanting to plug in for music, or running sound at an event and wanting to plug in to test if the system is working. I'm worried it will be too much of a hassle to carry the dongle with me everywhere

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm very glad the headphone jack is gone! I love using my state-of-the-art Sony wireless noise canceling WH-1000XM2 headphone. I really enjoy the freedom from not having to deal with dangling wires. It's really cool that Android 8 now incorporates the LDAC technology that the Sony WH-1000XM2 wireless headphone utilizes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL