Switching from KEYone to Pixel 2 XL

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've been a BlackBerry user for as long as I can remember (with the odd iPhone and Galaxy somewhere in between.) I've never used a nexus or pixel device before.

Although I love my KEYone Black Edition, and although I have 0 complaints about it, I've been itching to try a pixel since last year. I won an auction on ebay and here I am, waiting for it to arrive! Don't tell my friends over at CrackBerry, lol. Looking forward to sharing my experience.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I've been a BlackBerry user for as long as I can remember (with the odd iPhone and Galaxy somewhere in between.) I've never used a nexus or pixel device before.

Although I love my KEYone Black Edition, and although I have 0 complaints about it, I've been itching to try a pixel since last year. I won an auction on ebay and here I am, waiting for it to arrive! Don't tell my friends over at CrackBerry, lol. Looking forward to sharing my experience.
If you don't mind not having physical keyboard, you are never going back to your keyone

revtech

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site

If you find you can't live without your physical keyboard and want to go back to your KEYone I'd be glad to pay you twice what you paid for your Pixel 😉

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm from Crackberry too and I'm telling!

Actually I've had my eye on the Pixel 2 XL since BlackBerry stopped the updates on the Priv. We have a Priv and a couple of Keyones so I'll be interested in seeing how you like the Pixel.

nucks26

Trusted Member
Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm from Crackberry too and I'm telling!

Actually I've had my eye on the Pixel 2 XL since BlackBerry stopped the updates on the Priv. We have a Priv and a couple of Keyones so I'll be interested in seeing how you like the Pixel.

I'll let you know my feedback for sure! I honestly think it'll be hard to leave my KEYone BE in the long term.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I came from Passport KeyOne and Motion to the 2 XL. I could never go back now, just the speed and fluidity is night and day. I still enjoy the Hub however on the Pixel.

scott8629

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a Keyone.
I loved the battery life and keyboard.
I hated the lag, late security updates and poor customer service.

I've been a big fan of the Nexus range and I have tried many phones. I will be sticking with the Pixel range and upgrade every other year.

neil74

Mar 12, 2016
Visit site
I had a keyone and it was the phone that made me finally realise that physical keyboards are really now not as quick as virtual ones, the shortcuts were handy though! Reason I sold my KO was the keyboard scrolling was just broken.

To answer your question though you'll love the pixel!

scott8629

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I had a keyone and it was the phone that made me finally realise that physical keyboards are really now not as quick as virtual ones, the shortcuts were handy though! Reason I sold my KO was the keyboard scrolling was just broken.

To answer your question though you'll love the pixel!
Totally agree with this.
The shortcuts were good but you had to use the laggy badly coded blackberry launcher. As soon as I changed to Nova launcher and disabled all blackberry apps the phone became much more usable.

I had to be careful what apps to install for example Facebook - the phone had so much lag it was unusable.

MrVeda

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
How is the keyboard compared to Motion vkb?

I'm actually much faster and more accurate on the GBOARD than I was on the motion. Especially if you like to dictate a response on text or emails. The Motion lagged terribly in this area and often gave up trying to type what I said and was the main reason I returned it.

On the Pixel you can talk normally or fast and always follows your voice. Google Assistant is also far superior.