04-03-2018 02:31 AM
193 1234 ...
tools
    Hopefully they use there earbud tech. The earbuds on the u11 are fing awesome. They absolutely blow the doors off my ma750's that's the only thing I want them to add. Well that and pls no LG screen the touch registration is horrible
    03-11-2018 03:20 PM
    To further expound on Mike's comment I'd say external design is only talked about by us forum enthusiasts. My evidence of such is Samsung and Apple, very few changes and most people just stick with brand loyalty more than anything.
    03-11-2018 07:38 PM
    Hopefully they use there earbud tech. The earbuds on the u11 are fing awesome. They absolutely blow the doors off my ma750's that's the only thing I want them to add. Well that and pls no LG screen the touch registration is horrible
    I've heard good things about the earbuds. I love BoomSound, and I'd love to try the buds, but I just can't buy an HTC phone now. Things are too dire for them, and coming off a 6P that Google just killed off for good, I can't count on another dying brand. Plus I'm not a fan of their dim LCD screens. The 6P already has zero visibility in direct sunlight which I hate, and LCD is more power hungry than AMOLED. The HTC U11+ with that huge 3,930 mAh battery probably has similar battery life to the Note 8 with a 3,300 mAh battery, because of the LCD screen.
    03-11-2018 07:40 PM
    The u11 had better battery life than my s8 note8 and 6p it is on par with my xl2 and I was very unimpressed with the u11 "boom"sound. The xl2 speakers blow it away. And yes those earbuds on the u11 are amazing
    03-11-2018 07:59 PM
    why would Google buy HTC? the Billion dollar cash they handed to HTC was to hire away all the talent that they wanted. Other than patents, I don't see reason they'd want to buy HTC mobile when they already bought it's guts.
    03-11-2018 08:27 PM
    I am going to buy only if it has a notch. I really love the notch and hope it's here to stay
    I will only buy top notch
    03-11-2018 08:28 PM
    why would Google buy HTC? the Billion dollar cash they handed to HTC was to hire away all the talent that they wanted. Other than patents, I don't see reason they'd want to buy HTC mobile when they already bought it's guts.
    Only if they intend to manufacture which they probably don't.
    03-11-2018 08:29 PM
    Dual SIM or hybrid (that's the only reason I don't get the XL, i hate going around with two phones). With what they did with one camera, I would be really curious to see them have two.
    And the usual...bigger battery, a slightly better finish. Please no notch!
    03-12-2018 07:29 AM
    I'm thinking they are making the software notch compatible so that others can take advantage of it.
    Hope so. I have no interest in a notch, honestly. I might upgrade to such a phone if every manufacturer is doing it... But it's really not my cup of tea.

I'd like to see the new aspect ratio with a minimal (but still existent) bezel on a 5"ish phone. The XL is too big IMO.

More battery would be very nice. Dual cameras would also be nice. Obviously, an 845 processor. Personally, a front facing fingerprint sensor which can turn on and off try screen would be awesome. Miss that the most from my Moto G5 plus.

All of that said, with three phones coming, I'd love to see them nail something with a 650 (upper midrange) series processor, for the budget market. Three phones gives them the opportunity to jump into the g5 plus territory. Ask Moto... That's their bread and butter. It keeps them afloat, I'd think.
    03-12-2018 07:38 AM
    I think it could be possible; and I would love to see that happen, to be honest. Let HTC combine itself with Google and give some of HTC's benefits to the upcoming Pixel 3.
    03-12-2018 08:08 AM
    It's too late for Google to do things now that will make a big change to the pixel 3. The pixel 3 is done, or close enough for practical purposes as makes all odds. Prototypes are out, production schedules are being drawn out, resource contracts are being signed and the software teams have the device to continue working on the code for it. Anything that HTC does or doesn't do will not impact the pixel 3. It's getting close to the point in the timeline that it won't impact the pixel 4, as we're about 18 months from the 4's release already.
    03-12-2018 08:32 AM
    It's too late for Google to do things now that will make a big change to the pixel 3. The pixel 3 is done, or close enough for practical purposes as makes all odds. Prototypes are out, production schedules are being drawn out, resource contracts are being signed and the software teams have the device to continue working on the code for it. Anything that HTC does or doesn't do will not impact the pixel 3. It's getting close to the point in the timeline that it won't impact the pixel 4, as we're about 18 months from the 4's release already.
    Excellent point.... What's happening now with HTC won't change what's coming. I do wonder what affect it could have on production if HTC is producing one or more Pixels.
    03-12-2018 09:30 AM
    It's getting close to the point in the timeline that it won't impact the pixel 4, as we're about 18 months from the 4's release already.
    This may be fairly close to being accurate. When Google acquired Moto, it took 2 years to clear out what was in the tunnel before we got the 2013 X.
    03-12-2018 10:22 AM
    hope to see a "notch? no need" advert in a throwback to pixel2's "added a second camera? no need" ads.
    03-12-2018 10:22 AM
    I hope they keep the 2XL screen / speaker / lack of notch. I want wireless charging and MST added to android pay so you could use it anywhere like Samsung Pay. Level 2 wishes would be SD card and a bigger battery.
    03-12-2018 10:40 AM
    I hope they keep the 2XL screen / speaker / lack of notch. I want wireless charging and MST added to android pay so you could use it anywhere like Samsung Pay. Level 2 wishes would be SD card and a bigger battery.
    There is hope. In the P preview, the settings for notch are as follows: Pixel, Narrow Display Cutout, Tall Display Cutout, Wide Display Cutout.

IMO singling out Pixel in that list COULD mean that they're not doing a notch for 2018. But who knows?
    ClintRo and Asfalloth like this.
    03-12-2018 11:05 AM
    There is hope. In the P preview, the settings for notch are as follows: Pixel, Narrow Display Cutout, Tall Display Cutout, Wide Display Cutout.

IMO singling out Pixel in that list COULD mean that they're not doing a notch for 2018. But who knows?
    I'm thinking that they include the notch software in case other manufacturers decide to go with the notch as opposed to manufacturers modifying it after the fact. I'm just guessing though.
    DMP89145 likes this.
    03-12-2018 11:56 AM
    Here is to hoping that is the case.
    03-12-2018 12:18 PM
    I think biggest unknown is whether the Pixel line continues. Sales have been abysmal compared to iPhone and Samsung and Google is not known for the longevity of some of its efforts.
    03-12-2018 12:25 PM
    I'm thinking that they include the notch software in case other manufacturers decide to go with the notch as opposed to manufacturers modifying it after the fact. I'm just guessing though.
    I feel like this is the case as well. Users lose so much useful information with the notch design. I hope Google realizes that and keeps it out of the Pixel's design.
    03-12-2018 12:27 PM
    I think biggest unknown is whether the Pixel line continues. Sales have been abysmal compared to iPhone and Samsung and Google is not known for the longevity of some of its efforts.
    I don't think Google is looking to sell 200 million phones a year. They're a software/advertising company. Hardware sales will continue to be ancillary for some time, IMO.
    03-12-2018 12:29 PM
    I like the notch, but it's not a selling point for me.

I want to see a higher screen/bezel ratio in the standard Pixel - same size handset, bigger screen.

Keep the active edge - I had no idea it would be as useful as it is.

Add wireless charging to stay current (I loved wireless charging on my Nexus 5 and Samsung phones I had).

I've always liked the design of the Pixel series with the "window" on the back - keep some form of that for family appearances. Since wireless charging would need glass/ceramic/plastic backs maybe reverse the "window" format?
    03-12-2018 12:49 PM
    Yeah many millions is not their Target. G is very happy with the sales for both generations. The first generation more than doubled their Q4 sales expectations and both had healthy reception so far.
    03-12-2018 12:54 PM
    I don't think Google is looking to sell 200 million phones a year. They're a software/advertising company. Hardware sales will continue to be ancillary for some time, IMO.
    True. But this isn't the first time Google has entered the phone market.
    03-12-2018 01:11 PM
    Dual sim please.
    Morty2264 likes this.
    03-12-2018 01:50 PM
193 1234 ...