Smart lock no longer keeping phone unlocked

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Why are people hung up on whether the phone is unlocked anyway while at home?

I mean, I understand wanting the smartlock to function properly, fair enough. However, the fingerprint scanner is so good on this phone that I actually find it easier to wake up with the scanner then double tapping. It's so incredibly easy to wake the phone up that I don't even bother with smartlock, I'd rather it just stay locked at home like anywhere else. Who knows, maybe you have company over and leave your phone laying around. Hopefully not, but who knows, someone breaks into your home and bam, full access to your device if it isn't locked. With how easy it is to simply wake the phone up with a fingerprint scan, I don't see the point of it ever being unlocked honestly.

Just my two cents, not trying to offend or anything!

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I mean, I understand wanting the smartlock to function properly, fair enough. However, the fingerprint scanner is so good on this phone that I actually find it easier to wake up with the scanner then double tapping. It's so incredibly easy to wake the phone up that I don't even bother with smartlock, I'd rather it just stay locked at home like anywhere else. Who knows, maybe you have company over and leave your phone laying around. Hopefully not, but who knows, someone breaks into your home and bam, full access to your device if it isn't locked. With how easy it is to simply wake the phone up with a fingerprint scan, I don't see the point of it ever being unlocked honestly.

If you stop to think about it, that really does make a lot of sense. My fingerprint sensor certainly is fast and accurate!

AnnDroid

May 19, 2010
Visit site

Because there are many times I don't want to touch the fingerprint sensor. I'm fairly active during the day and my hands are wet or dirty. I don't want to touch the sensor. My hubby ruined his sensor touching it with a chemical on his finger (LG V20).

My phone is always with me. If someone breaks into my home and gets access to my phone, I have bigger troubles then my phone being unlocked.

Edit: Smart lock has stopped working for me also. Tried the edit, tried widening the area, tried adding neighbors.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
Because the fingerprint scan doesn't work for all people ... I have read reports from other older people that they couldn't register a scan, either ... it's not just me. Totally frustrated the salesman in the Verizon store, too ... he couldn't believe it!

Joltcola1234

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
Because there are many times I don't want to touch the fingerprint sensor. I'm fairly active during the day and my hands are wet or dirty. I don't want to touch the sensor. My hubby ruined his sensor touching it with a chemical on his finger (LG V20).

My phone is always with me. If someone breaks into my home and gets access to my phone, I have bigger troubles then my phone being unlocked.

Edit: Smart lock has stopped working for me also. Tried the edit, tried widening the area, tried adding neighbors.

Your hands are wet and dirty at home during the day? Since the phone is IP67 standard your hands being wet shouldn't really have much effect on the phone, but I guess could make it hard for the sensor to read your print.

I generally don't want to handle my phone at all when my hands are dirty, so I don't see how it being locked or unlocked makes a difference, but that's just me.

I still think the finger print scan is the easiest and best way to wake up the phone.
The facial recognition also works really well, it usually unlocks my phone before I even notice I'm unlocking it.

If someone breaks into your home, of course you have other things to worry about, maybe more important things. But might as well cross the phone off the list of things someone might have access to. I know i have a lot of sensitive information on my phone.

Anyways, smartlock seems kind of redundant to me personally.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty