S24 Ultra Lock screen issue

PaulaO2

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
S24 Ultra via T-Mobile. Android 14. Up to date software. Brand spankin' new, less than 48hrs old.

I moved everything over from old phone (S21 Ultra) via Smart Switch app (PC to phone).

Everything went well, better than I thought it would, actually. The one kink I can't seem to figure out is the lock screen. Well, the Wallpaper and Styles entirely was borked. I finally got the home page wallpaper to work. Settings - searched for wallpaper - selected Wallpaper Service - tapped three dots - Live Wallpaper - set that - done. (I use Lunescope and love it).

The lock screen is the same image as my old phone but I can't make any changes. It just transferred the image and the little text at the bottom that I had added to say "if found call ###" (my wife's phone). If I long press home screen, select wallpaper and style, the app closes.

I am assuming something got transferred from the old phone to the new and they aren't compatible. Or something. Things I have tried:

cleared cache and data from wallpaper (message pops up "wallpaper and style has stopped working too many times", tap i symbol)
shut down phone, restarted and wiped cache partition
restarted many, many times

Help? I mean, it isn't super duper important but, you know, new phone! And I've read there is more to do on the lock screen now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana