Phone won't wake up

bsucards

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having problems with my Pixel 2XL, the phone will go to a black screen like after I dial a phone number, but if I try to do anything else it never comes back. I have tried to use the fingerprint reader, I have tried to squeeze the edges, hit the power button.

I can't end phone calls or anything. The only way for me to get back out is to reboot phone (hold down power for 30 seconds) Now that I think about it, everything appears to be related to making phone calls when I have this issue.

Lilybell2

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
You should check to make certain there's nothing on your phone that might be obstructing the proximity sensor, such as a screen protector, sticker, cover or case. If yes, remove the item to see if the sensor works properly without it. Even smudges and fingerprints can cause problems.

The proximity sensor can be tested by using an app named AndroSensor that is available on the Play Store. The proximity reading should normally read 2.0 when nothing is blocking the sensor, and change to 0 when you move your hand over the top of the screen; then it should go back to 2.0 when your hand is removed again.

If it turns out that the proximity sensor is not functioning as it should, then the phone may need to be replaced.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site