Been using pixel 2 for almost 3 months now. I had set my WhatsApp notifications to NO POP UP and NO SOUND ... But today all of a sudden my WhatsApp messages started popping up and making sound...I again turned it off but it doesn't save ...still the same thing...I've repeated it so many times each time the in-app settings keep switching to PLAY SOUND and in settings>apps & notifications the notification for messages keeps getting enables with URGENT PRIORITY!! Its really annoying I can't get it to shut up
    05-04-2018 02:59 AM
    Been using pixel 2 for almost 3 months now. I had set my WhatsApp notifications to NO POP UP and NO SOUND ... But today all of a sudden my WhatsApp messages started popping up and making sound...I again turned it off but it doesn't save ...still the same thing...I've repeated it so many times each time the in-app settings keep switching to PLAY SOUND and in settings>apps & notifications the notification for messages keeps getting enables with URGENT PRIORITY!! Its really annoying I can't get it to shut up
    Have you tried disabling within the app itself?
    05-04-2018 07:26 AM
    Have you tried emailing android@support.whatsapp.com and asking? They may not have tested it on 8.1, and that may cause a difference they're not aware of.
    05-04-2018 12:38 PM
    I had set my WhatsApp notifications to NO POP UP and NO SOUND ... But today all of a sudden my WhatsApp messages started popping up and making sound...I again turned it off but it doesn't save
    Are you referring to the 'Conversation tones' or the 'Notification tone'?
    Anyway, my settings for both of those seem to work properly and to 'stick' the way I've set them. Same for the 'Popup notification' setting.
    I'm running v2.18.138 of the app (I am a beta tester so no idea if that's the current release version or not).
    I'd say make a backup of your conversations and then uninstall/reinstall. Be sure to clear cache/data and force stop manually before uninstalling.
    05-06-2018 12:59 AM