Android P Public Beta -- Live!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
They shifted the Battery Percentage all the way to the right as well it seems ..

The clock on the left will take a little getting used to I think ... I'm not used to static information being there.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Both
The main 2 apps is Lloyd’s bank and Barclays Bank. I only need Lloyd’s until Friday. After that I may bite the bullet and upgrade. I like to try new software. Ran every windows beta up to 10 and even on Windows mobile. Am running IOS beta on my 6s. (Just installed 11.4 beta 4 a few minutes ago. ) I also ran betas of Mac OS X.
Lloyd's works and passes device authentication. I couldn't find Barclays but I'm also io partying so sorry for failing. I will say I know of no reason it wouldn't work.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Damn you're right....the funny part is I keep turning it off and it turns itself back on. I think I have check my settings. Another thing after update it turned auto rotate off.

Most likely a setting under wifi > advanced. I haven't had mine kick on today until I got home and manually turned it on.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is the beta at least semi stable? Does it seem ok to daily drive? I want to opt in, but if it sucks, I don't feel like resetting my pixel 2xl.

JoePa2624

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
system -> gestures -> swipe up on home button

Downloaded this afternoon and I'm amazed at how stable this beta is!

Larzuk

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
On Oreo I ran ADB so I can always run my Pixel 2 XL on full screen immersive mode. Can that be done again on the beta build or will it even still work? Will the feature still be present after installing the beta?

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
On Oreo I ran ADB so I can always run my Pixel 2 XL on full screen immersive mode. Can that be done again on the beta build or will it even still work?
I'm thinking so. I use the Ambi-Tuner app for that, and that's working as well as it did on 8.x builds.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Is the beta at least semi stable? Does it seem ok to daily drive? I want to opt in, but if it sucks, I don't feel like resetting my pixel 2xl.

So far so good. Only bug I have run into is with Textra... deleting text threads causes it to crash. Nothing too major.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
So far so good. Only bug I have run into is with Textra... deleting text threads causes it to crash. Nothing too major.

Ok. I keep my phone pretty stock, so hopefully no crazy issues. I might do it, I'll give it one more day than go from there.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Ok. I keep my phone pretty stock, so hopefully no crazy issues. I might do it, I'll give it one more day than go from there.

Yeah just give it a few. It is honestly too early for us to run into issues but I am prepared to since it is beta.

vansmack

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Android Auto was stable for me, but I don't have a car that supports it, so I only tried is as a phone app. I suspect those of you with problems before were referencing cars that support it.

The one thing I did notice was that you have a VERY short window to tap the horizontal screen lock button when Auto opens - the full screen mode covers the toggle in less than a second.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
BothLloyd's works and passes device authentication. I couldn't find Barclays but I'm also io partying so sorry for failing. I will say I know of no reason it wouldn't work.
Oh that is great news about Lloyds!! Thanks for trying for me!! Do I need to reinstall my apps or will they remain logged in after upgrading?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Android Auto was stable for me, but I don't have a car that supports it, so I only tried is as a phone app. I suspect those of you with problems before were referencing cars that support it.

The one thing I did notice was that you have a VERY short window to tap the horizontal screen lock button when Auto opens - the full screen mode covers the toggle in less than a second.

Correct. With Android O beta I had issues with it via my truck interface.

So far on P it has been fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana