Will something stock android like pixel have better battery life than Samsung phones?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
It's hard to measure battery life from device to device - even if it's comparing two devices of the same kind, like two Pixel 2 XL's - as those two phones would belong to two different users with varying usage patterns. Are you trying to choose between those two devices?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Samsung has different battery modes to last you good amount over other manufacturers that have usually one mode to save battery

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Will something stock android like pixel have better battery life than Samsung phones?
So, as others have said it's subjective phone to phone. However I think when you are the same subject you can compare. I went from an S7 to a G6 to the Pixel 2 in the last 15 months. The Pixel 2 outlasts all of them for me, I'm using most of the same apps, maybe a couple more actually than I did 15 months ago with the S7.

The thing with the S7 was I never trusted it under 50% if I had to be out for a few hours as it would always eat the battery if I used it not. The G6 was better but I have no worries with the Pixel 2.

Right now I'm at 41% at 9pm and haven't charged all day. I always had to top up every Samsung phone I had mid afternoon. So for me, no question you should see an improvement.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So, as others have said it's subjective phone to phone. However I think when you are the same subject you can compare. I went from an S7 to a G6 to the Pixel 2 in the last 15 months. The Pixel 2 outlasts all of them for me, I'm using most of the same apps, maybe a couple more actually than I did 15 months ago with the S7.

The thing with the S7 was I never trusted it under 50% if I had to be out for a few hours as it would always eat the battery if I used it not. The G6 was better but I have no worries with the Pixel 2.

Right now I'm at 41% at 9pm and haven't charged all day. I always had to top up every Samsung phone I had mid afternoon. So for me, no question you should see an improvement.

My s7 plus was decent at the time
The iPhone x ,pixel xl2 ,s8plus,9plus are pretty much on par with each other with the 1+6 slightly better then the rest don't forget the s7 don't have the optimization of the newer phones

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
My s7 plus was decent at the time
The iPhone x ,pixel xl2 ,s8plus,9plus are pretty much on par with each other with the 1+6 slightly better then the rest don't forget the s7 don't have the optimization of the newer phones
Maybe but I don't think we are that far advanced that it isn't worth comparing. Maybe it's not apples to apples but it's close. The S7 is an apple that isn't fully ripe yet.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Maybe but I don't think we are that far advanced that it isn't worth comparing. Maybe it's not apples to apples but it's close. The S7 is an apple that isn't fully ripe yet.

In my opinion after using these phones it looks like the newer phones have a clear advantage...the s7plus I got what like 3 So with 15 hours
The newer phones I constantly get 5-6 Sot with anywhere 24 - 36 hours same apps and same pattern

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
For the first time, I'm actually dreading upgrade to the next version of Android (historically I'd already have P on my Pixel 2 XL right now). I use Substratum overlays to black out my phone, and they aren't going to work on P. Good to hear of something to etnice me.

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I love the adaptive battery in Android P. My battery has been insane
Mine used to be, too, until DP 4. Now my 2 XL's standby battery stats are no better than my old Nexus 6's. And a factory reset did nothing to change that.
I use Substratum overlays to black out my phone, and they aren't going to work on P.
There's an outside chance that Substratum may work on P IFF you're willing to root and IFF Google doesn't make it their mission to block Substratum at every turn.

https://www.xda-developers.com/custom-themes-android-p-root-substratum/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mehammed