Email/Spam blocker? Anyone use or recommend one?

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Is there anyone out there that has experience with an email blocker that works like a spam blocker for unwanted phone calls. Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gmail's pretty good at detecting spam -- is that what you primarily use, or do you use some other email provider?

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Is there anyone out there that has experience with an email blocker that works like a spam blocker for unwanted phone calls. Thanks.

might want to check out mailwasher. Though I never used the mobile version, I used to use the windows version and it was great. I even paid for it. the only reason I quit using it was I no longer run windows and started keeping my emails online. It will not let known spammers email go to your email app.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Are you trying to block unwanted calls rather than emails? What phone are you using? There are dialler apps on the play store that have spam blocking built-in. Google's dialler on their pixel phones have it built in. So does Samsung's. Is there anything built into the settings of your phone app.

If you do decide to install a new dialler I would avoid Truecaller as many people say they get more spam after they install that because they upload your contacts to their server.

But others should be OK. Best to read their privacy policy before installing and reviews. Always read reviews.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can't reply. Thanks

https://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=409154

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I use MyMail. My first Email account was Gmail. It was years ago and I changed to MyMail because there was something about Gmail that I didn't like. I don't remember what it was. MyMail does have a spam filter but I must tell it the email is spam. However, it doesn't prevent the future spam from what appears to be the same sender. Until recently, I haven't had the problem. Now it seems that either the filter has stopped preventing the email, or the sender has somehow found a way around it. Other than that problem, I'm very happy with myMail.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for responding. I use MyMail. My first Email account was Gmail. It was years ago and I changed to MyMail because there was something about Gmail that I didn't like. I don't remember what it was. MyMail does have a spam filter but I must tell it the email is spam. However, it doesn't prevent the future spam from what appears to be the same sender. Until recently, I haven't had the problem. Now it seems that either the filter has stopped preventing the email, or the sender has somehow found a way around it. Other than that problem, I'm very happy with myMail.

all email services have spam filters and not one is perfect. you will get spam no matter how much protection you get but with the major services like gmail, they can learn what you consider spam and take care of it for you. spammers are always finding new ways to get around filters and it may take time for the different filters to catch on. just add it to your spam box and hopefully the service will catch on soon.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
You're probably right. I just guess that I want perfection. I'm learning how to cope with problems like this.

swampbaby

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
might want to check out mailwasher. Though I never used the mobile version, I used to use the windows version and it was great. I even paid for it. the only reason I quit using it was I no longer run windows and started keeping my emails online. It will not let known spammers email go to your email app.

Can't say that I've ever heard of that service before...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781