Any Pixel 2 owners willing to wait til the Pixel 4?

BCWARE

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
considering that the 2XL is still working like new and that it will get many of the software updates...I will wait another year for the 4...

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I was on the fence until about a month ago but Android Auto started acting wonky and mostly not working after the latest update. Yeah odd reason and not the full story but I really like having Android Auto just work.

I've ordered a new cable to replace the original Google A to C I have, the C connection feels really loose. It doesn't snap like the connection to the brick C connecter.

anon(8532178)

Mar 13, 2016
Visit site
I skipped the first gen Pixel because well everyone knows what happens to firsts. I love the Pixel 2 even though my first units had some QA issues. Here's hope the 4 will positively surprise us.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
I'm going to have to wait for the P4 ... as much as I love new toys ... because I still have 13 more months of bill credits from Verizon, and $800 has me positively choking! I just hope that we get a whole lot of the new P3 goodies in software updates. I had my last phone for 4 years before upgrading to the P2, so I KNOW that I can live without upgrading this year (I keep telling myself!).

Spartan Jack 17

Mar 6, 2018
Visit site
I'm a Pixel 1 owner who's willing to wait until the Pixel 4, or until my phone stops working satisfactorily. Honestly removing the headphone jack was a pretty big dealbreaker for me, enough to make the Pixel 1 a better phone than its successors for me.

Kofedajes

Oct 10, 2018
Visit site
I'll wait at least until the P4 will be released. Got the P2XL right now and since it will be supported until 2020 I see no reason to switch now. Plus I don't see to many improvements on the P3

bighap

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Holding on to my 2 XL. The notch is awful, many of the new software updates are coming to the other Pixels, minimal spec bump, a price increase, and only a $325 trade in for the current gen XL 64GB as opposed to $400 last year. Big miss by Google this year.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
You'll be sorry. The new camera featutes will improve your cat shots.
I have the updated google cam app installed. Can save in RAW mode, enhanced bokeh mode and the photos are already better.
eae17e38186597236c4bb7490ffb5cfe.jpg

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm a Pixel 1 owner who's willing to wait until the Pixel 4, or until my phone stops working satisfactorily. Honestly removing the headphone jack was a pretty big dealbreaker for me, enough to make the Pixel 1 a better phone than its successors for me.

The original Pixel phone is awesome and I feel like I'm in the minority here, but I actually love its hardware. Glad you are enjoying it!

gballing

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I generally wait until my existing phone's battery life or performance drops low enough to be irritating, usually 3-4 years. For serious photography I'd rather use a dedicated camera. I think it's silly to chase the top end, it changes too fast.

Dean Liensdorf

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to wait for the pixel 4. Totally happy with my 128 GB Pixel 2. And will get many of the software features discussed at the 3 launch. So why spend a bunch more for a minor upgrade. Unless of course there's some super sweet Black Friday deal for the 3.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Can't justify the cost versus the value received. Not enough different or better bells and whistles.
Returned recently from a trip and the P2's cam is all the awesomeness I need in a camera. Perfect shots everytime, so not a good reason to upgrade for that. For me the gesturing required to navigate homescreens is a downside also. If I can put that off another year or longer all the better. If I need a new phone next year I might consider a P3 then as it will no doubt be cheaper. I think the phone makers of the world are struggling to come out with innovations. The good ones have been done. Upgrades are incremental in that regard. I shall just sit this one out and enjoy living vicariously thru the forum and see how the P3's play out. And, enjoy the cash saved for something else.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
The more I think about it the more I think I'm going to wait for the pixel 4. Totally happy with my 128 GB Pixel 2. And will get many of the software features discussed at the 3 launch. So why spend a bunch more for a minor upgrade. Unless of course there's some super sweet Black Friday deal for the 3.

Nothing at all wrong with waiting for the 4 especially since the Pixel 2 has an extra year of warranty. There are some camera features that won't carry over but nothing that you can't live without. I still second guess my decision to upgrade but I'm moving forward. I've reached the point of my life where I'm not going to deprive myself of something even if it's seems foolish to spend the money.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87