Top watch to pair up with Pixel XL 3

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Big fan of wearables but it seems like Google isn't determined to push it hard on their end. Any recommendations?

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I am in the same boat as you. I actually just swapped from my iPhone XS and Apple Watch to the Pixel 3 XL (when it drops) I too, am looking for a good watch replacement and have trying out a number of them have yet to find anything I am really enjoying... Honestly the best one so far (not even WearOS) has been from FitBit with the Versa..

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...3Fcolor%3DCharcoal%26prdPV%3D3&token=5HllxQJy

Still waiting for a Pixel watch!

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I have been following that one as well, kinda disappointing it isn't WearOS but, its one I will be trying for sure.

dc52ltr

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
I've recently got myself the Huawei P20 Pro and gave my 2xl to my Son while waiting for the release of the 3xl so I'm hoping it will be compatible with both new phones

marcocb8

Apr 30, 2018
Visit site
Garmin forerunner 935 here, works great and you only have to charge it once every 10 days.
I had a bunch of other watches and the charging every day gets old quick.

balex3000

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
Most of the recent Wear OS watches have sporty look. I prefer an elegant look. Ticwatch E or Skagen Falster 2 are my options. Also Fossil have great looking smart watches

Sooks

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
The hardest part for me is finding a watch that I forget is there. I had the Apple Watch 0,1,2,4 and the best part of it is how instantly you forget its on your wrist.. All the Android ones I have tried and a bit bulky and I am having a hard time forgetting they are there... which sounds weird.. but its important.

Torisen1

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have my LG Watch Sport, holding up pretty well for me and my use case. I definitely want to check out new WearOS watches once the 3100 is in them.

rowdy douillard

Nov 26, 2018
Visit site
I still have my LG Watch Sport, holding up pretty well for me and my use case. I definitely want to check out new WearOS watches once the 3100 is in them.

Are you with Verizon?

My wife wants a LTE capable smartwatch to go with the pixel 3 and I'm having trouble finding one . Was gonna get a Samsung gear S3 but Verizon was unable to get it to number share with the pixel. Thinking of getting an unlocked LG from at&t but didn't want to waste my money if it didn't work

popartist

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
I'd wait a little bit until more watches roll out with Snapdragon 3100 processors, right now there are only a couple - one that is stupid expensive and one that is kinda homely. I am waiting until Fossil comes out with some new models with the 3100, they are usually pretty stylish as a reasonable price.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
My wife wants a LTE capable smartwatch to go with the pixel 3 and I'm having trouble finding one . Was gonna get a Samsung gear S3 but Verizon was unable to get it to number share with the pixel.
What about the Samsung Galaxy Watch (cellular variant)? It's a bit big/bulky for a ladies wrist but seems to be one of the better options for Android. (Note: I don't have one myself; been doing a bunch of research lately and it was one of the contenders but I don't think I could sleep with it on and I'm looking for a sleep-tracking device.)

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Fenix 5x paired with Pixel 3 XL works great for what I need. I was considering selling my Fenix 5x and upgrading to Fenix 5X+ for the music integration, However reviews of the music were not compelling enough for me to justify the upgrade.

BobLad

May 17, 2015
Visit site
Been using the Galaxy S3 since it came out. I reregistered it for the new P3XL. It works even better now - faster and more features. Still the only watch you can pay with everywhere, great screen, and the rotating bezel is very useful. I hope it lasts forever because there's nothing else anywhere as good available.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I got my first smartwatch(Ticwatch Pro) in September. It works great with both my previous P2 and now P3. Once the update to OS happened late Oct, the watch became much better and less laggy.

Honestly, I think smartwatches are dumb. If I didnt work in an environment where Im not allowed to have my phone with me(sensitive data), I wouldnt have one. I just dont understand the need for one in any other circumstance if you always have your phone on you.

That being said, it does what I need it to do regarding notifying me of what I want to be notified of. Doesnt feel big on my wrist and the battery lasts very long. The stock strap felt comfortable but the watch wasnt heavy enough for me(Im used to much heavier solid watches), so I added a link style band and it feels perfect now.

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am using a Garmin D2 Bravo Ti and have no issues connecting with it and also linked Garmin connect with My fitness pal app to get more information than I want to know about myself. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa