Pixel 3 vs Galaxy S9

Pixel 3 vs Galaxy S9

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rMBA13

Mar 2, 2018
Visit site
I'm most definitely not going to get the Pixel 3 XL because of the hideous notch and I also find the 2 XL to be too large of a phone anyway. I am torn between getting the regular Pixel 3 and Samsung Galaxy S9. The pricing is pretty comparable here in Canada between the two, so that's not really a factor here.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm most definitely not going to get the Pixel 3 XL because of the hideous notch and I also find the 2 XL to be too large of a phone anyway. I am torn between getting the regular Pixel 3 and Samsung Galaxy S9. The pricing is pretty comparable here in Canada between the two, so that's not really a factor here.

The S9 isn't that small

balex3000

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
between these 2, pixel 3 definitely wins because of much faster software updates and clean-stock android.
we can argue on camera and design but for me both cameras are the top and although s9 prettier, imo, it is neglected

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
About Google Pixel 3 XL
Pros
get's 3 years Major updates compared to other android OEM only get 2 years.
stock android
Fast updates
Google Pixel quick charge 4.0+ ?

cons
failed to justify the Pixel 3 XL’s massive notch, just makes me ask.WHY?
don't have Local store to help customers.
big chin

About Samsung Galaxy S9
Pros
has local store to help customers
very customizable
full of features
smaller bezels
no notch
SD card
headphone jack
connect to monitor to use as PC

Cons
quick charge 2.0
2 years of major updates
fire problem in the past
takes 5 or 6 months to get major update.

Umbrokhan

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
if the Samsung experience 10 is better then pixel launcher 3 Ui?
samsung internet vs Chrome?
Samsung Pay vs Google Pay?
Samsung messenger vs Google messenger? SMS
samsung calendar vs Google calendar?
samsung keyboard vs Gboard
which is better samsung app or google app?

Last edited:

Dean Liensdorf

Jan 13, 2016
Visit site
IMO the Pixel 3 and s9 are sized fairly close to one another as well as the Pixel 2 which I currently have. The factor of receiving timely updates is a personal decision, if that doesn't matter then the S9 is fine. And you can always use Google photos on the S9 and have high quality photos stored with unlimited storage, which is an option.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
I have the s9 and am seriously considering switching to the Pixel 3. Every Samsung I've owned becomes laggy, my s9 camera freezes and lags from time to time

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have the s9 and am seriously considering switching to the Pixel 3. Every Samsung I've owned becomes laggy, my s9 camera freezes and lags from time to time

I have an S8 and while the new Pixels are definitely nice and faster than my phone, it's not really enough of an upgrade imo. Nothing innovative about this iteration. I believe I'll wait for the P4.

I was really hoping this would be the year I moved to Googles Android, but it's just not enough. I'm disappointed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have an S8 and while the new Pixels are definitely nice and faster than my phone, it's not really enough of an upgrade imo. Nothing innovative about this iteration. I believe I'll wait for the P4.

I was really hoping this would be the year I moved to Googles Android, but it's just not enough. I'm disappointed.

It's ok , I understand this phone not for everyone hopefully the next one will be . The s8 still awesome phone , I still have my 8+

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
It's ok , I understand this phone not for everyone hopefully the next one will be . The s8 still awesome phone , I still have my 8+

Yes the S8 is still good enough. There are at least two Samsung design elements I want leave behind (curved screens, TW, bloatware) which is why I was so excited for the new Pixel.