https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/19/...ers-activation

It looks like they listened to the complaints for now...
    EgretOwl2 likes this.
    10-19-2018 05:32 PM
    So does this mean the pixel purchased at Best Buy no longer require Verizon sim?
    10-19-2018 06:04 PM
    So does this mean the pixel purchased at Best Buy no longer require Verizon sim?
    Most likely.
    10-19-2018 06:04 PM
    Well hell.
    I reordered from Google but will not get the phone till sometime next week.
    could have purchased one today from Bestbuy.
    10-19-2018 06:11 PM
    Correct. They will work like a normal unlocked phone... any SIM.
    10-19-2018 06:16 PM
    I got a message on my Pixel 3 XL today that said it's now unlocked and can be used on any network. I paid full retail price for it from the Verizon online store.
    10-19-2018 06:48 PM
    Looks like and some people on reddit were reporting it worked fine for them without inserting a Verizon sim into their phone.
    digitalbreak likes this.
    10-19-2018 06:50 PM
    I got a message on my Pixel 3 XL today that said it's now unlocked and can be used on any network. I paid full retail price for it from the Verizon online store.
    I orderedine but did the device payment plan, can pay it off at anytime since there aren't any bill credits this time. Mine showed that it was unlocked as well (last night not even 24 he's in). Seemed odd since I haven't even made a payment on it yet.
    10-19-2018 07:13 PM
    Even if they are locked when you buy them on the payment plan if you purchase them outright I think they have to unlock them by law once they are paid in full.
    ZayMoney likes this.
    10-19-2018 07:54 PM
    Well went to buy a pixel again and it works! Muahahahahaha.
    10-19-2018 09:56 PM
    https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/19/...ers-activation

It looks like they listened to the complaints for now...
    Yes calling them out on it has helped. BUT they are required to sell all of their phones factory unlocked by the government. That was part of the deal when they bought up alltel years back. They could get in trouble for that and this will likely stay that way. They just got greedy.
    Emperor likes this.
    10-19-2018 09:56 PM
    Yes calling them out on it has helped. BUT they are required to sell all of their phones factory unlocked by the government. That was part of the deal when they bought up alltel years back. They could get in trouble for that and this will likely stay that way. They just got greedy.
    Exactly. People were telling me "oh well Verizon can do what they want, just buy from google" like you stated all of the phone come factory unlocked required by the government. I can understand if it's on a device payment agreement but people like me bought it outright and it's locked. That wasn't fair at all seeing as I own the phone the minute I paid in full
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-19-2018 10:28 PM
    Exactly. People were telling me "oh well Verizon can do what they want, just buy from google" like you stated all of the phone come factory unlocked required by the government. I can understand if it's on a device payment agreement but people like me bought it outright and it's locked. That wasn't fair at all seeing as I own the phone the minute I paid in full
    I agree with you Zay. But if you start getting them angry, I'm sure when u ask for the unlocking they tell you the engineering team is working on it... like 3 months later lol. I don't know if they have a time frame when they supposed to unlock it . That's why if they have the option unlocked version I'll try to go for that . Now if the Verizon model was cheaper I'll definitely go that route.
    10-19-2018 10:40 PM
    I agree with you Zay. But if you start getting them angry, I'm sure when u ask for the unlocking they tell you the engineering team is working on it... like 3 months later lol. I don't know if they have a time frame when they supposed to unlock it . That's why if they have the option unlocked version I'll try to go for that . Now if the Verizon model was cheaper I'll definitely go that route.
    Thank you for seeing my side of the issue. I wasnt getting angry with them I was just asking why isn't this stated on your website. They couldn't even answer me and then proceeded to try and feed me the whole well Verizon is CDMA and att is GSM that's why it won't work. I was frustrated because I had to come here to figure out what was going on. Best Buy reps and Verizon reps couldn't tell me either
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-19-2018 10:57 PM
    Also the Verizon model was easier for me to obtain
    mustang7757 likes this.
    10-19-2018 10:58 PM
    yeah it's fustrateing when they start shifting you around who's fault it is
    10-19-2018 11:02 PM
    sounds like they've been doing this with their recent iPhones.
    10-20-2018 12:57 AM
    Carriers being carriers... It's sad really
    billchat likes this.
    10-20-2018 03:02 AM