Poll: WiFi Calling -- Do you use it ?

Do you use WiFi calling?

• Total voters

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was curious to see how many Pixel owners use WiFi calling. It seems to be a feature a lot of people really want.

For me I don't really use WiFi calling ever (on any phone). With Verizon so far I have had cell signal everywhere I have visited (yes literally) so I simply just result to cellular for calls and such.

What say you!?

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here don't use Wi-Fi calling partly because I get great signal at both home and work. So never bothered with it or care if my phone has WiFi calling or not.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
not at all , I have good service for most part but I also run 2 Carrier Sims AT&T and T-Mobile on different phones

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a rural acreage at lake level with hills on all sides. Since a cellular connection is only line-of-sight, there is no cellular connection with any carrier at my house. The ONLY way to have calling or data is with WiFi. I have a reliable 180 Mbps Comcast connection. That's better speed and reliability than most cellular service in my area. I have excellent calling and data via WiFi at my house.

We use Google Fi. Google Fi has a flat fee of $15/mo for the first phone and $10/mo for the second phone. Data is $10 per Gigabyte. Since we have fast reliable WiFi at home and wherever we go in the Atlanta area, we seldom use more than 3 to 4 Megabytes of data a month. Our Fi cost for the past year has averaged $46/mo for the two of us, including all taxes and fees. Google Fi always looks first for a reliable WiFi connection before falling back to a cellular tower. Our phone and data reliability and speed is excellent wherever we go.

If you are a Google Fi user, you of course are almost entirely a WiFi calling and data user. That's what makes it so economical. And the average cost of $23/mo for each of us is certainly economical. Verizon wants $134/mo for the same service.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I have to use wifi calling at home because my house is a complete dead zone. I doubt it engages anywhere else because everywhere else I go, and where I work, are strong signal areas.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I use it. Same as others. Few dead spot in my house so it comes in handy. Outside reception is great. Just indoors it gets crummy so WiFi calling really helps.

thunderup

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I use it on my 2XL and plan on using it with my 3XL. I get awful reception in my office at work and my phone barely holds on to LTE. If I try to use the cellular network it constantly drops calls. I'd have to turn off advanced calling, too, and I don't want to do that. WiFi calling works great for me, but there's often some sort of "pause" for about 2 seconds after I answer a call where I can't hear the caller and they can't hear me. I assume that's because the call is switching to WiFi. Mildly annoying, but I can deal with it because it works great other than that one small issue.