Just switched from iPhone Xs max

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Well I got my Pixel 3 XL today and got it set up. I must say, I am very impressed by it so far. And coming from an iPhone lover, that says a lot.

It runs so smooth and is so clean compared to other Androids. You can see why they call this the iPhone of Androids. :)

I was wondering how I could adjust back to a fingerprint sensor again, being as I got used to FaceID on my XS Max, but I haven't had any problems adjusting back. Actually I like the way Google implemented it. You just put your finger there and after it authenticates you, it takes you right into the phone. With FaceID on the iPhone, you still have to swipe up after it authenticates your face, which is annoying.

I have read that Google has a built in Visual Voicemail app, but I can't seem to get it working, so I might just have to use the AT&T VM app. Also I am trying to find an email app which is simple and clean like the email app in iOS, and I would prefer one with a Dark Mode. BlueMail seems to be a good one, but they don't give you enough control over things. I don't like the Gmail or MS Outlook apps. Maybe I'll take a look at AquaMail. I hear that it nice.

I got the Google Fabric case for it, but as much as I like it, it is going back. I don't like that there isn't a lip going around the screen. I ordered the Spigen case that I usually get for my iPhones. It's more protective, has a nice lip around the edges, and has a built in kickstand. Now I just have to find time to hit up the Zagg kiosk at the mall and get a tempered glass screen protector put on.

So overall a good first day with it.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I did the opposite with cases. I grabbed a fabric case at Best Buy just so I would have a stop-gap case while my ordered cases got here. I ended up liking the Google fabric case better and sent the others back.

Bon Hernandez

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
That's a lot of money saved for sure. I didn't expect a thread like this to open. Isn't going from iPhone to Android hard because of iMessage?

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
That's a lot of money saved for sure. I didn't expect a thread like this to open. Isn't going from iPhone to Android hard because of iMessage?

Yes that is probably the main issue for me, being that 98% of the people I text are iPhone users. iMessage is very nice and works great.

I just got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday, and I have already received comments by my friends about the green bubble. Ha

18t

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Yes that is probably the main issue for me, being that 98% of the people I text are iPhone users. iMessage is very nice and works great.

I just got my Pixel 3 XL yesterday, and I have already received comments by my friends about the green bubble. Ha

I'm hoping that the widespread rollout of RCS allows google to finally put out a messaging client that is worthwhile, and I'm hopeful that apple integrates it into imsg.

Jon_Cox

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Since the Pixels were released I bounced back and forth between them and iPhones. I was using a Pixel 2XL but the display was just not good enough even though the rest of the phone was fantastic. Still used it! I bought an iPhone XS Max 3 weeks ago and returned it after 4 days. It just was too expensive for the niggles I had with it. Given the boast of working towards software stability it still had a lot. The display was great but I distinctly didn't like FaceID. Unlock and then swipe. Generally I just didn't like that I had to look at the phone. I missed having the ability to unlock my phone while I was pulling it out of my pocket. Also, given the cost I thought the XR camera was actually better than the XS Max, but then the Pixel 2XL was better than both. It was also the simple things: put the Pixel on the Pixel Stand and I've got a great alarm clock. iOS needs more functionality. I feel like it's the phone for social interaction in many ways, while the Pixel is for getting stuff done. That plus Google had the Black Friday sale which was spectacular.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member