Just switched from iPhone Xs max

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey y'all. I just switched to a Google pixel 3 from an iPhone Xs max. Well. Technically I took that back and got an XR first. For some reason this year the iPhones are just lacking to me. Especially in the camera Dept. Wondering if I can get used to the smaller model !!!

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I did the same thing. I sold my iPhone XS Max on Swappa and picked up a Pixel 3 XL for $100 off at Best Buy. It's clearly a better device and I don't feel stupid paying $899 for the 128GB version like I did when I paid $1500 for the 512GB iPhone XS Max. I have an XR, but I will return it. I'm kinda done with iPhones until they overhaul iOS.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
Ironic thread, being that I currently have an XS Max and am thinking about ordering a Pixel 3 XL on Thursday when they are $200 off.

I like Android, and the Pixel line, but I could never replace an iPhone with an Android phone. But I do feel a need for a new toy, and a discounted Pixel 3 XL would make a good play device.

I am still on the fence though. I am trying to talk myself out of it because I really don't need another phone. But I feel the need to impulse buy sometimes. hehe

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of switching from the regular xs. I'm just sceptical of the battery life on the pixel 3.

That is my main concern as well. I have an iPhone X now and refuse to upgrade to the XS....not worth the $ at all for minor incremental "S" updates. I really want a pixel 3, but battery life is no way better than an X or XS. I had the pixel 2 and it was awful compared to the X.

Anyone have used both an iPhone and pixel 3 to comment on battery life?

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Ironic thread, being that I currently have an XS Max and am thinking about ordering a Pixel 3 XL on Thursday when they are $200 off.

I like Android, and the Pixel line, but I could never replace an iPhone with an Android phone. But I do feel a need for a new toy, and a discounted Pixel 3 XL would make a good play device.

I am still on the fence though. I am trying to talk myself out of it because I really don't need another phone. But I feel the need to impulse buy sometimes. hehe

I saw someone on Instagram post a photo today that looked better than my professional wedding photos....was taken with a pixel 3! I immediately now have the urge to pick one up. I as well don't need another phone and I know I will bounce back to my iPhone X but I am sooooo tempted to get a pixel 3

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey y'all. I just switched to a Google pixel 3 from an iPhone Xs max. Well. Technically I took that back and got an XR first. For some reason this year the iPhones are just lacking to me. Especially in the camera Dept. Wondering if I can get used to the smaller model !!!

I did the same thing. I sold my iPhone XS Max on Swappa and picked up a Pixel 3 XL for $100 off at Best Buy. It's clearly a better device and I don't feel stupid paying $899 for the 128GB version like I did when I paid $1500 for the 512GB iPhone XS Max. I have an XR, but I will return it. I'm kinda done with iPhones until they overhaul iOS.

So you both got rid of the XR? So did I! I couldn't live with the compromise of an LCD display in 2018....sorry, especially for $750 when the pixel is around that price

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I looked at the xr in store and I thought the display looked great. If I didn't already have the xs that would have been the phone I went with. I'm not sure why there seems to be so much negativity when the display is mentioned.
The XR that bad the screen? Like worse then 8plus?

marcb11

Dec 19, 2016
Visit site
I looked at the xr in store and I thought the display looked great. If I didn't already have the xs that would have been the phone I went with. I'm not sure why there seems to be so much negativity when the display is mentioned.
Because when you consider Apple is going you 2013 tech at a 2018 price or the fact that you're getting sub 1080p display on a 2018 phone for that price there is a lot to be negative about.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

I've been hearing mixed results on the screen...

popkurn611

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
The XR that bad the screen? Like worse then 8plus?

It is not an OLED. I'll keep it at that. For LCD screen it is fine

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Because when you consider Apple is going you 2013 tech at a 2018 price or the fact that you're getting sub 1080p display on a 2018 phone for that price there is a lot to be negative about.

So you consider the iPhone 8 a bad screen because it's lcd?