Ok - What is you reality when it comes to this mass of Pixel 3 issues and glitches?

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
If you happen to have read my other posts, I am seriously considering a Pixel 3. It looks like it will be a Black Friday purchase.

But, today I read about this camera lockup issue and Google may or may not replace the phone. I'm not entirely sure this is a new issue but that doesn't matter.

This is on top of the list of little problems that have been reported. It's this last camera one that made me stop and think.

What is the reality of all this? Is it much less than it seems? You know, news making it seem like things are more widespread than they are? Are your Pixel 3's just fine? Status update for Nov 19, 2018.

Thanks!

(I'm getting a 3, not a 3XL)

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I personally haven't run into any the issues that seem to make press. I even tried to replicate the camera bug you linked above just now.. Two pictures each to Instagram, WhatsApp, Snapchat and my messaging app Pulse. Worked just fine, so I couldn't trigger that bug.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Bugs always make the press. But the extent of the damage across the multitudes of phones sold is not apparent. Press also makes it sound like every single phone is problematic, when it could literally be less than 2% are affected for all we know.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Bugs always make the press. But the extent of the damage across the multitudes of phones sold is not apparent. Press also makes it sound like every single phone is problematic, when it could literally be less than 2% are affected for all we know.

That's why I created this thread. It's not scientific but maybe hearing that lots of people love the phone and it's working great will relieve me enough that I go ahead and buy it.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
That's why I created this thread. It's not scientific but maybe hearing that lots of people love the phone and it's working great will relieve me enough that I go ahead and buy it.

I think @chanchan05 is in the ballpark. I think the media is hypercritical and there's a question around how widespread every bug really is. I haven't been able to produce the memory management issue, even though that is a real bug and probably the most prominent.

I guess the Pixel gods are looking out for me, beacuse I have had zero issues with my device.

kbalaz

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
every phone, as mentioned seems to have some issue. They all get fixed in time. Apple, Samsung etc. I came from the BlackBerry World to Pixel 2XL, love it by the way. Had my issues with BlackBerry, but worked through them and phone still did its job for me. Dont think there will ever be a perfect device that has 0 problems. Everyone just needs to accept that and let the companies fix them as they arise. I wouldn't hesitate to pick up a Pixel 3XL if I had the budget.

milehigherik

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
does the pixel really have that many issues? I've had every flagship in between the original pixel XL and the pixel 3XL. they've all had a multitude of issues as well.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I didn't enter the Pixel realm until Oct 2017 when I got the Pixel 2 XL. It was way after the release date. I used the discount Google sent to former Nexus owners. So, I never actually experienced all the 2XL issues. By the time I got it, they had worked out the kinks.

tpero

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
If you happen to have read my other posts, I am seriously considering a Pixel 3. It looks like it will be a Black Friday purchase.

But, today I read about this camera lockup issue and Google may or may not replace the phone. I'm not entirely sure this is a new issue but that doesn't matter.

This is on top of the list of little problems that have been reported. It's this last camera one that made me stop and think.

What is the reality of all this? Is it much less than it seems? You know, news making it seem like things are more widespread than they are? Are your Pixel 3's just fine? Status update for Nov 19, 2018.

Thanks!

I have a one year old, my first, so I take a LOT of pictures everyday, and I think I have experienced the picture-not-saving bug exactly one time.

If I have suffered from the memory issues, I haven't noticed - I've certainly never accidentally killed my music app. I hear it's a problem with YouTube in the background, but that's not something I ever really try - if I have YouTube running it's because I want to actively watch something.

I haven't noticed - or looked for - any other bugs. I have the regular P3, 128GB FWIW.

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site

Thanks!

There was a lot of gnashing of teeth and jumping off cliffs about "problems" with the Pixel 2 XL. I bought it anyway. The "problems" were way overblown...WAY!

There is a group of people who live their lives to complain. Ignore them.

I say buy the 3 and enjoy it.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
All phones have bugs. But what is stopping me is Apple sells a boatload of iPhones. Samsung sells a bunch of S9,S9+ and Note 9 so I can see them having problems being reported. But how many Pixel 3's or 3XL's have they sold. When you sell 20 million of a model I understand but when you sell 3 million? to have this many reported problems makes me nervous. I would also not consider Huawei or Xiaomi because of possible warranty or repairs issues.

Michael Detwiler

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
All phones have bugs. But what is stopping me is Apple sells a boatload of iPhones. Samsung sells a bunch of S9,S9+ and Note 9 so I can see them having problems being reported. But how many Pixel 3's or 3XL's have they sold. When you sell 20 million of a model I understand but when you sell 3 million? to have this many reported problems makes me nervous. I would also not consider Huawei or Xiaomi because of possible warranty or repairs issues.
See post above yours!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo