Ok - What is you reality when it comes to this mass of Pixel 3 issues and glitches?

Bon Hernandez

Oct 14, 2018
Visit site
I guess 2 anecdotes from me, take it with a grain of salt. I'm a pixel 2 XL owner, I love the camera know this phone and it's speed, updates etc. But there is one nagging problem I personally (and a friend of mine who owns the 2 XL also) come across oh too often. When playing a game (any game really) and you want to snap a photo or so, then go back to the game, the game refreshes losing any type of progress that you had. I have recreated this literally every time I tried. Tried the battery adaption of keeping certain apps off. Or just turning off battery adaption. It's so frustrating to open an app, leave it open for a while as you do other things, then open the app again and it refreshes. This can be done by opening an app (say YouTube or something) then browse the web, and YouTube will crash or just stop working while your browsing the web. That's only 2 freaking apps! I would love this phone so much if they ever fix the memory issue. For both the pixel 2 XL and 3 XL.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I guess 2 anecdotes from me, take it with a grain of salt. I'm a pixel 2 XL owner, I love the camera know this phone and it's speed, updates etc. But there is one nagging problem I personally (and a friend of mine who owns the 2 XL also) come across oh too often. When playing a game (any game really) and you want to snap a photo or so, then go back to the game, the game refreshes losing any type of progress that you had. I have recreated this literally every time I tried. Tried the battery adaption of keeping certain apps off. Or just turning off battery adaption. It's so frustrating to open an app, leave it open for a while as you do other things, then open the app again and it refreshes. This can be done by opening an app (say YouTube or something) then browse the web, and YouTube will crash or just stop working while your browsing the web. That's only 2 freaking apps! I would love this phone so much if they ever fix the memory issue. For both the pixel 2 XL and 3 XL.

Ever gone to Goodgle and typed in Google activity.
Gone to delete google activity out from today to forever.
Then deleted History out of your phohe.
Might give it a try and see if it helps.
My wife has a Samsung Note 9 with 6 GB memory.
I have to do this to her phone from week to week because there is so much that is retained by google.

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading about all of the bugs with the Pixel 2 XL, the blue screen, the burn-in, the ugly display etc and I never encountered any of it, it's enough to make you crazy, just pull the trigger and buy that sucker.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Pixel 3 XL, I had faulty camera but exchanged via RMA and replacement one is fine. Overall I don't consider software bugs as big deal since those things gets fixed in an update or two. Hardware issues like the one I had happens with every phone if you are unlucky, but no big deal you get it exchanged. I have had deal pixel on one of my Samsung phone few years back and exchanged with no issue.

I wouldn't say these are the best phones in terms of QC but there are a lot of people out there who just hate what the Pixel phones stand for and try to make a big deal out of every issue. They are still pissed that they are not cheap like Nexus phones or don't offer ton of features like Samsung/Huawei etc or just plain hate Google. Just look at r/Android subreddit, any anti Google post gets up voted like crazy. From what I see from posts on Reddit I feel majority of Asian market kind of hates iPhones/Pixel because they don't have sd card, expensive or filled with features etc. They probably value features on paper than the overall experience a phone offers, and not value software/updates from what I see.
They don't understand the value of Pixel phones, simple software, fast updates, secure etc. There are many who value those things and would gladly pay a premium just like many who value features and pay a premium for Samsung/Huawei or any other phones.

It's just different choices and you get to choose what's important for you. There are great premium phones with features like S9/Note 9/P20, great simple experience with fast updates like Pixel, value phones like OnePlus with great experience.

Last edited:

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I have entered the fold.

I got my Pixel 3 two days ago and I'm loving it. The step down in size from the 2XL is exactly what I wanted.

I am afraid to say this "out loud" so as not to cause cosmic retribution but, as most of you reported similarly here, I am not seeing any problems. I don't even see this issue with only being able to have a few apps open in the background. It has just as many as my 2XL kept in the background. <knock on wood> <bang on wood>

The curved screen makes screen protectors unpleasant, at least the one I bought after surveying tons of them. That's just where we are with phones now.

It's my first phone with a "small screen" in a long time and I am liking the downsized living!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez