Official: Verizon to launch RCS Universal Profile for Pixel 3 on December 6th

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I use the Verizon messaging app. How will I know if I get this? Also, doesn't that app already have these features?

ThaiBruin

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I use the Verizon messaging app. How will I know if I get this? Also, doesn't that app already have these features?

This is specifically for the Google Messages app. The Verizon app does have RCS like features, so long as the recipient is also using Verizon Messages.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
This is specifically for the Google Messages app. The Verizon app does have RCS like features, so long as the recipient is also using Verizon Messages.

I guess the question is whether VZW Message+ chat features are RCS compatible? IOW will Message+ recognize other RCS messaging apps and deliver RCS features?

If not, is it possible to use Google Messages on the Pixel and still use VZW Message+ apps on tablets and computers via wifi for a given VZW phone number?

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
My son got it a few days ago, I am still without. Very strange roll out. I wonder what they are worried about.

Edit: check after writing and update comes.

Last edited:

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
So sending a 3.3 mb picture over mms and RCS resulted in both getting compressed to 1.20mb

I was disappointed not that it looks bad just expected a full res images. Video is probably where you'd see the best improvement.

Robisan

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
...Is it possible to use Google Messages on the Pixel and still use VZW Message+ apps on tablets and computers via wifi for a given VZW phone number?

It seems the answer is not completely. VZW Message+ macOS app via wifi syncs to show everything done on the Pixel/Google Messages, however Pixel/Google Messages does not sync to show outgoing sms sent via wifi on the Mac VZW Message+ app.

raiderfan227

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
I still cannot get the Google Messanges to work over Wifi (even with the update). Verizon+ seems to work fine. I guess I'll stay with it for now.

ncapp11

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
anyone else lose the Chat functionality? was working fine for the wife and me until today. I looked in the settings and the option under Advanced is gone.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Didn't even know I had it . And Honestly don't know if I lost it . Don't even know how to check and see if it's there .

What's it do ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Exoduss