I don't use ringers. Haven't used one in 20 years unless I'm completely alone and my phone isn't physically on my body.

The pixel 3xl is absolutely awesome, but I keep missing calls because the vibration intensity is just not strong enough. I've changed it in accessibility options to the strongest level and it still pales in comparison to all prior phones (mostly blackberries).

Anything else i can do?
    Morty2264 likes this.
    12-30-2018 09:22 AM
    I don't use ringers. Haven't used one in 20 years unless I'm completely alone and my phone isn't physically on my body.

The pixel 3xl is absolutely awesome, but I keep missing calls because the vibration intensity is just not strong enough. I've changed it in accessibility options to the strongest level and it still pales in comparison to all prior phones (mostly blackberries).

Anything else i can do?
    Have you tried vibrate on calls I circled it.
    Attached Thumbnails Love the phone, but i keep missing calls because I don't feel it vibrate-1719.jpg  
    12-30-2018 09:32 AM
    I see you are a newer member to the forums - welcome to Android Central! I'm so glad you are enjoying your Pixel 3! I have a Pixel 2 (smaller version) and love it, too!

With regards to your vibration intensity, I'm unsure if you can change that in your stock settings; however, if you download an SMS app like Textra, you can customize your own vibration patterns (even per contact, which I've found to be very useful). That may make things a little easier for you.
    12-30-2018 09:36 AM
    Have you tried vibrate on calls I circled it.
    The OP gets vibration....just not powerful enough
    bcfour likes this.
    12-30-2018 11:03 AM
    The OP gets vibration....just not powerful enough
    I understand , offering this suggestion because it's off by default and maybe using will give more intense vibration compared just leaving on vibrate through volume control.
    12-30-2018 11:19 AM

Anything else i can do?
    I'm with ya on this. My Pixel 3 is my first non-iPhone phone, and the vibrate on it pales in comparison to the iPhone. Like you, I prefer to just do vibrate but can't really do that with this phone. It's actually a pretty big strike against the Pixel 3 for me, even though I like most other things about it. Sorry I don't have any helpful suggestions for you though....
    bcfour likes this.
    12-30-2018 12:03 PM
    I understand , offering this suggestion because it's off by default and maybe using will give more intense vibration compared just leaving on vibrate through volume control.
    I have it on. Guessing I'm going to have to live with it or rely more heavily on my smartwatch to feel calls. I really can't use a ringer, so . .
    mustang7757 likes this.
    12-30-2018 05:31 PM
    I have it on. Guessing I'm going to have to live with it or rely more heavily on my smartwatch to feel calls. I really can't use a ringer, so . .
    Sorry, I guess it's not that strong.
    12-30-2018 05:38 PM
    I really can't use a ringer, so . .
    Perhaps you could get by using one (not both) of those 'truly wireless' earbuds (ex. Apple Airpods, Samsung IconX, etc)? That way you'd always hear incoming calls, but have an ear free to hear whatever ambient sound you needed to be aware of.
    12-30-2018 05:42 PM
    I know with my smartwatch the phone doesn't wake up or vibrate.
    12-31-2018 08:01 PM
    I had the same problem, have you tried to go in Settings → Accessibility → Vibration and haptic strength. Then set the ring vibration to high (mine was set to medium). It's not a whole lot better but that's a start.
    12-04-2019 01:09 PM
    Even at high, the vibration is weak compared to other phones
    12-04-2019 06:27 PM
    Weak vibration has been a problem with the entire Pixel line. My OG Pixel XL and my 3 XL both have inadequate vibration levels. I miss phone calls all the time because I can't feel it vibrate in my back pocket unless I'm sitting on it. Absolutely no excuse for such a low level. It stands in stark contrast to the phone of my coworker who has the desk on the opposite side of my cubicle wall. When he gets a notification, I feel MY desk vibrate. That's what I'M looking for!
    12-20-2019 02:53 PM
    Weak vibration has been a problem with the entire Pixel line. My OG Pixel XL and my 3 XL both have inadequate vibration levels. I miss phone calls all the time because I can't feel it vibrate in my back pocket unless I'm sitting on it. Absolutely no excuse for such a low level. It stands in stark contrast to the phone of my coworker who has the desk on the opposite side of my cubicle wall. When he gets a notification, I feel MY desk vibrate. That's what I'M looking for!
    I wonder if there's a bt add-on that can create vibration? (too lazy to google at the moment)
    12-20-2019 06:02 PM
    I wonder if there's a bt add-on that can create vibration? (too lazy to google at the moment)
    Well (g), careful what you ask for or about. But I did have a feeling (no pun intended) that it might lead this way!

https://heavy.com/health/2019/08/bluetooth-vibrator/

But more practical

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=kNlQd9Ji
    12-21-2019 08:54 PM