Digital Wellbeing, who really care?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I think I looked at it once just to see what it is and never again. Everytime I go to setting, I see it and genuinely wonder if people out there really use it. Honestly, I think it's a wasted effort. Google should have invested in something different. Like how about giving us the ability to pull down notification menu by swiping down any where on the screen before Digital Wellbeing lol.

What are your thoughts? do you really look at it? Has it changed the way you use your phone?
Sure not me.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think I looked at it once just to see what it is and never again. Everytime I go to setting, I see it and genuinely wonder if people out there really use it. Honestly, I think it's a wasted effort. Google should have invested in something different. Like how about giving us the ability to pull down notification menu by swiping down any where on the screen before Digital Wellbeing lol.

What are your thoughts? do you really look at it. Has it changed the way you use your phone? Sure not me.

Lol I dont care for it . .
I know how much time I spend on my phone which is alot dont need that feature to tell me that .

rimz808

Sep 28, 2016
Visit site
nope. don't care and don't use it. would be useful if it told me which apps drains my battery and or apps that I have that I hardly use so I can delete them

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I used it in the beginning. Really helped me edit and purge a lot of useless "by the way..." notifications. I use my device primarily for information and communication, and I had way too many notifications hitting my Pixel 3. Once I got those down, I haven't really looked at it since ...

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site

What are your thoughts? do you really look at it? Has it changed the way you use your phone?
Sure not me.

As far as I'm concerned, it's useless. I couldn't care less how much time I spend in front of the screen and none of it is going to make me change my device usage.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
nope. don't care and don't use it. would be useful if it told me which apps drains my battery and or apps that I have that I hardly use so I can delete them

You can see which apps are draining your battery in the settings battery area. There is another feature that tells you which apps you are hardly use turn files that can be cleaned up. I forget how to get to that.

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
You can which apps are draining your battery in the settings battery area. There is another feature that tells you which apps you are hardly use turn files that can be cleaned up. I forget how to get to that.

That will be storage in settings.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have it enabled, and that's more for a reminder for me to put the phone down after a certain time. I rarely look at the stats, but now that I put an icon in the app drawer, I might look at it more.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have it enabled, and that's more for a reminder for me to put the phone down after a certain time. I rarely look at the stats, but now that I put an icon in the app drawer, I might look at it more.

I can see it being used as a diagnostic tool , say you been in the app for 6 minutes the whole day but shows unusual high usuage in battery stats you know something going on with that app and needs to be addressed.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Oh, and I use the wind down feature. I had forgotten about that. I haven't tried the 'flip to shush'. Most of the time that would be useful I just use DND if I'm in a meeting or something.

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
Flip to Shhh is pretty cool. That's about all I use in DWB. I have a feeling I'm a light phone user compared to the average on here though!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Flip to Shhh is pretty cool. That's about all I use in DWB. I have a feeling I'm a light phone user compared to the average on here though!
Flip to Shh was located outside of DWB when the phone was 1st released. It was part of Gestures. It got moved later on. Probably to give us a reason to use DWB? lol still thing the whole thing is a wasted money. Flip to Shh is useful though, but really has nothing to do with DWB. it is just a faster way to turn DND on.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Flip to Shh was located outside of DWB when the phone was 1st released. It was part of Gestures. It got moved later on. Probably to give us a reason to use DWB? lol still thing the whole thing is a wasted money. Flip to Shh is useful though, but really has nothing to do with DWB. it is just a faster way to turn DND on.

Flip to shh is in both gestures and DWB

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89