Bootloader issues...

the reel d-dave

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
So it started two nights ago. I went to enter my pin, and my phone kept telling me it was wrong. I know I put it in properly, but each time it was rejected. Finger print worked just fine.

So I restarted my phone, and it brought me to the Fastboot Mode. It said my device status was error!. Reason was Combo Key.

I tried to reboot, safe mode, and then tried to do a factory reset. Then it just shut down completely. I left it unplugged all night. Then in the morning, I plugged it in and it came back to life.

So Friday was fine. Worked like a charm, though I'm having to re-enter passwords for all my apps again. Then last night, though it sat on the original charging cord last night, it didn't fully charge.

Is there something wrong with my battery or USB port? Or is this a warranty issue?

Would it be helpful to attach photos?
Fastboot.jpg
Screenshot_20190216-111657.png

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So it started two nights ago. I went to enter my pin, and my phone kept telling me it was wrong. I know I put it in properly, but each time it was rejected. Finger print worked just fine.

So I restarted my phone, and it brought me to the Fastboot Mode. It said my device status was error!. Reason was Combo Key.

I tried to reboot, safe mode, and then tried to do a factory reset. Then it just shut down completely. I left it unplugged all night. Then in the morning, I plugged it in and it came back to life.

So Friday was fine. Worked like a charm, though I'm having to re-enter passwords for all my apps again. Then last night, though it sat on the original charging cord last night, it didn't fully charge.

Is there something wrong with my battery or USB port? Or is this a warranty issue?

View attachment 298190

Regardless of what the issue is it should be a warranty. I would contact Google chat support

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

View attachment 298190

According to the picture, you have the pixel 3 ...you try unlocking the boot loader?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
As Mike said, contact support. If they put up with my problem (which took 4 replacement phones), you won't have any problems.

One hint - be polite. The customer service reps aren't responsible for the problem, so don't take it out on them. If you're nice, they will be too. (The worst Google CSR I ever ran into was just "nice", not interested in my problems [other than the phone], not effusive. That's some complaint, huh?)

(And if they don't mention it, you have an option - you can send your phone back and they can send you a replacement, or they can send you a replacement [and put a hold on the price on your credit or debit card - but you won't be charged unless you don't return the old phone], you do an NFC-initiated transfer of everything to the new phone during initial setup, slap the return label on the old phone and send it back.)

the reel d-dave

Oct 9, 2015
Visit site
According to the picture, you have the pixel 3 ...you try unlocking the boot loader?

Nope! I haven't done anything with that. Doing that stuff is kind of beyond my scope of understanding and time right now.

And thank the rest of y'all for your input. I'm going to jump into the customer service routine now and see about getting a replacement.

Hopefully it will be easier than getting my Moto X Pure fixed years ago...I ended up just having to go on forums because the people over the phone had zero clue on anything.

Thank you!