Camera quality is still the best

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
That's why every other manufacturer is comparing their cameras to the Pixel. (The same went for the 2 - it's basically the same camera and the same processing chip - a custom chip designed by Google.)

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Definitely better..... Once it actually loads!

Not everyone shares that same loading problem though so we can't really say that in in general. The only time I see any slow down at all is after it's already loaded and set to HDR+ Enhanced which normal and even that isn't bad. If I recall correctly you had that problem and exchanged it but still have the problem. I don't know if you have tried running it with a clean install and no apps. If you can't solve it, see if another exchange will work.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Definitely better..... Once it actually loads!

I've had two XL's and my wife has the 3 and nothing comes close to noticeable in lag terms. I just literally timed the load time from double pressing the power button and just pressing the app icon. Maybe 1-1.5 seconds to start firing off photos. You really need to look at settings options or rogue apps that are causing you so much grief.

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I've had two XL's and my wife has the 3 and nothing comes close to noticeable in lag terms. I just literally timed the load time from double pressing the power button and just pressing the app icon. Maybe 1-1.5 seconds to start firing off photos. You really need to look at settings options or rogue apps that are causing you so much grief.

Here's a process report. My Bluetooth or garmin watch isn't even on and my connect app is a RAM hog.... Screenshot_20190303-193906.jpg

Last edited:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
makes me want to delete them on my phone. but then i say to myself I get excellent battery life why not just keep them

KillerQ

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't care less about the battery, lol, I'm just concerned with performance. I uninstalled Garmin Connect and replaced messenger with messenger light. We'll see!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I couldn't care less about the battery, lol, I'm just concerned with performance. I uninstalled Garmin Connect and replaced messenger with messenger light. We'll see!

I dont have issue with performance either with them installed
If I was having your issue though I would start with clean install and add apps one by one see which is the problem or if still happens with no 3rd party apps installed.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
It’s better with night shots, but normal daytime shots are better on several phones (Galaxy S9, S10, iPhone XS, Xr, XS Max, etc.). DXOMark confirms this.

DXO ...??? Does anyone still consider them an authority anymore? Their methods have come under question in recent years.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
It’s better with night shots, but normal daytime shots are better on several phones (Galaxy S9, S10, iPhone XS, Xr, XS Max, etc.). DXOMark confirms this.

I don't recall seeing those comparisons and I don't think it's true for most daytime shots. DXO is just one avenue in determining camera ability. It's still up to individual preference. Some people like shots that aren't representative of the actual subject. In the end it's a matter of what I like, not what some reviewer tells me I should like