03-25-2019 01:59 PM
27 12
tools
    it seems as though they March update has fixed the issue of my phone lagging so badly. However the assistant does not listen to me after being squeezed for about 3 seconds. 10 steps forward 20 steps back.
    03-07-2019 04:44 PM
    Legit I have to make noise for it to begin listening.
    03-07-2019 04:47 PM
    it seems as though they March update has fixed the issue of my phone lagging so badly. However the assistant does not listen to me after being squeezed for about 3 seconds. 10 steps forward 20 steps back.
    Just tested it....not seeing that. I assume you tried safe mode.
    03-07-2019 06:41 PM
    Just tested it....not seeing that. I assume you tried safe mode.
    I did... Ever since the March update... Basically taking some voice/sound to activate it listening to me... Or about 2-3 seconds of waiting. Very strange. Squeeze assistant I use every day multiple times daily. usually I'll do something like squeeze it and then say set a timer for 25 minutes. It will pick up 25 or minutes missing the initial part of the conversation. Previously Google Assistant you could squeeze and speak immediately and it would retroactively share everything you said from the squeeze. Now I have to wait.. or speak again
    03-07-2019 06:45 PM
    I just tested this and I'm not seeing it either.
    03-07-2019 06:55 PM
    So you guys squeeze your assistant start speaking and she listens right away?
    03-07-2019 06:57 PM
    Yes, that is what I see.
    03-07-2019 06:59 PM
    I also have the March update.
    milehigherik likes this.
    03-07-2019 06:59 PM
    Awesome.. thanks Google. Fixed one issue created another. WTF. I cancel my pre-order of the S10 plus because the camera will not compare to the pixel based on the reviews I've read already. It's just annoying that every update brings another issue.

Amazing phone... Effed with each update. glad you guys are not having the issue. I guess I'll do a factory reset because that's the only resolution here.
    03-07-2019 07:02 PM
    Awesome.. thanks Google. Fixed one issue created another. WTF. I cancel my pre-order of the S10 plus because the camera will not compare to the pixel based on the reviews I've read already. It's just annoying that every update brings another issue.

Amazing phone... Effed with each update. glad you guys are not having the issue. I guess I'll do a factory reset because that's the only resolution here.
    Let me ask a silly question. When was the last time you restarted your device?
    03-07-2019 07:03 PM

I don't understand it, just like I don't understand the S10 fingerprint sensor issues. Some people are having no trouble and other people can't get it to work.
    03-07-2019 07:04 PM
    I don't understand it, just like I don't understand the S10 fingerprint sensor issues. Some people are having no trouble and other people can't get it to work.
    Weird. Just glad I've saved my money. the photos from the pixel are absolutely stunning. I am all about the photography. I could care less about the other crap on the phone. I just want it to work when I request it...
    03-07-2019 07:05 PM

I wonder if your having a temporary problem connecting to the server. I have seen weird behavior sometimes with the google assistant not the squeeze in particular.

how about if you say OK Google or invoke the microphone manually is there still a delay?
    03-07-2019 07:06 PM
    I just tested it , so far no issues on mine
    03-07-2019 07:07 PM
    Is it possible that a case could prevent SQUEESE from functioning? I'm reluctant to remove my case to test it. Thanks
    03-08-2019 09:26 AM
    Is it possible that a case could prevent SQUEESE from functioning? I'm reluctant to remove my case to test it. Thanks
    It's much beyond that. The squeeze activates on screen. It's just delayed in where it listens to me. Previously regardless of data connectivity it'd listen... Maybe it wouldn't respond for a few seconds while it connected to data...... But it would capture my full request.
    03-08-2019 09:31 AM
    You can adjust the sensitivity in settings. I had to do that when I put the case on.
    03-08-2019 10:23 AM
    You can adjust the sensitivity in settings. I had to do that when I put the case on.
    Thanks. I can't find the sensitivity setting that does that. Where is it ?
    03-08-2019 01:19 PM
    Gestures under System in Settings
    03-08-2019 01:25 PM
    You can also search your settings for squeeze or other keyword in your settings and it will take you there.

A lot of settings are set up that way so that you can search them in case you can't find them.
    Attached Thumbnails squeeze assistant-41624.jpg  
    Michael Detwiler likes this.
    03-08-2019 01:27 PM
    You can also search your settings for squeeze or other keyword in your settings and it will take you there.

A lot of settings are set up that way so that you can search them in case you can't find them.
    That's how I do it!
    03-08-2019 01:31 PM
    That's how I do it!
    I find the search feature very useful
    Michael Detwiler and brosko like this.
    03-08-2019 01:36 PM
    Thanks. That did it. I appreciate it.
    Michael Detwiler likes this.
    03-08-2019 01:56 PM
    03-08-2019 03:14 PM
    @milehigherik

Any improvement?
    Ended up doing a factory reset which resolved the squeeze delayed recording issue. Sorry for my delay in responding.

However I updated to Q beta.... Arrgh. I know. There's a thread for it haha. Thanks for checking Mike
    03-20-2019 05:27 PM
27 12