two helpful tips I learned

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
1. To clear the calculator...hard press the x that is inside the arrow.
2. To clear all apps...scroll to the very beginning and clear all is there.

Hope this helps someone.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Lol..I mean very beginning to the right , so you don't scroll through all recent apps

Funny thing is I was wondering if Pixel even had that option. Wasn't until I did a Google search did I find the answer...I guess it helps to read manuals but who does that? And who knows if it's even mentioned.

NMCynthia

Jan 18, 2018
Visit site
"...I guess it helps to read manuals but who does that?"

I think it would be truly wonderful if there WAS an actual Pixel Manual ... but no one makes phone manuals anymore. Probably because it would have to be updated with each update! You're just left to fumble and stumble around, which can be disheartening at times. I'm so glad that AC is here, and folks are willing to help each other out!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
"...I guess it helps to read manuals but who does that?"

I think it would be truly wonderful if there WAS an actual Pixel Manual ... but no one makes phone manuals anymore. Probably because it would have to be updated with each update! You're just left to fumble and stumble around, which can be disheartening at times. I'm so glad that AC is here, and folks are willing to help each other out!

Actually in settings tips and tricks it's like a manual and can learn how to use your phone , but AC fast and responsive also.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
If the "clear all" apps option was at the beginning it could be more likely to be accidentally touched when looking for a recent app to open. Most recent apps are closest in the front of the line so better to have "close all" at the end of the line imo. One fast swipe right and there it is, easy peasy.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
If the "clear all" apps option was at the beginning it could be more likely to be accidentally touched when looking for a recent app to open. Most recent apps are closest in the front of the line so better to have "close all" at the end of the line imo. One fast swipe right and there it is, easy peasy.

True

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

Though it's possible I haven't accidentally done that on any phone with "close all" up front

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

Before Google changed recent apps to a left/right scroll, the close all used to be at the top when you went through the up/down scroll. The "close all" has been at the end to the left since the beginning of the left/right scroll. However, I was still under the impression that closing all the apps is not a good thing and the OS takes care of it on its own.

Last edited:

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Before Google changed recent apps to a left/right scroll, the close all used to be at the top when you went through the up/down scroll. The "close all" has been at the end to the left since the beginning of the left/right scroll. However, I was still under the impression that closing all the apps is not a good things and the OS takes care of it on its own.

It's not a good thing unless you like reloading apps more often which would impact battery drain slightly.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Before Google changed recent apps to a left/right scroll, the close all used to be at the top when you went through the up/down scroll. The "close all" has been at the end to the left since the beginning of the left/right scroll. However, I was still under the impression that closing all the apps is not a good thing and the OS takes care of it on its own.

Yeah, was just giving my take on one reason why it might have been moved to the end of the line.
Not sure why closing apps out would be considered something we shouldn't do all the time. If I close chrome out by swiping it away and then reopen one of my chrome bookmarks the time it takes to reopen is negligible imo. Any battery hit also negligible. Having said that if I'm scrolling thru my recent apps and see one I know I'll not be using I usually swipe it away as it is just clutter. Usually at night I close them all out anyway. Just my M.O.

Coop61

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
1. To clear the calculator...hard press the x that is inside the arrow.
2. To clear all apps...scroll to the very beginning and clear all is there.

Hope this helps someone.

2. to Clear all (History in the Calculator). Drag down to the beginning(By Month) Click on 3 dots (clear).

Had no Idea what app you were talking about for #2 till I started playing around . Never knew the calculator kept a history of everything you did in it .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramhja11