Google sync and data breach

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting an alert that my chrome isn't syncing when I get sent to a page via links. That's not the issue though. I see an option for warning if passwords have been exposed to a breach and I can't turn it on. Does anyone else have access to this option?
c5e3a64445558fa440158d33b587e576.jpg

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have that option and it's toggled on.

Is it possible you aren't signed into your Google account? Judging from the wording under that feature, that would be my guess.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I have that option and it's toggled on.

Is it possible you aren't signed into your Google account? Judging from the wording under that feature, that would be my guess.
I can't see how I'm not logged into my Google account though. I have to be logged in for half my apps to work.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open Chrome, then look under Account. Is your account listed there? It is possible to sign out of your Google account in Chrome (there's an option in that menu for "Sign out and turn off sync").

Also, you are running the stable Chrome, not Chrome Beta, right?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Open Chrome, then look under Account. Is your account listed there? It is possible to sign out of your Google account in Chrome (there's an option in that menu for "Sign out and turn off sync").

Also, you are running the stable Chrome, not Chrome Beta, right?
Using is chrome beta, didn't think about that. Checked regular chrome and it has me synced and logged in with the toggle in question marked "on". Guess it's a bug in beta. Good call!