Pixel 3/3XL Lite phones to have more RAM then regular Pixels. Thoughts?

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
Google overpriced the Pixel 3 and they know it. They probably want to slide this phone in at around the $500-$600 price point to compete with the One Plus price point. The RAM stuff is asinine though.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Google overpriced the Pixel 3 and they know it. They probably want to slide this phone in at around the $500-$600 price point to compete with the One Plus price point. The RAM stuff is asinine though.

Assuming they overpriced the 3 has nothing to do with this rumoured device.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I didn't say you did...I said "assuming they" meaning Google. If you feel it's overpriced that's your opinion to which you are entitled to. Not everyone feels that way about the Pixel.

Okay then. It will be interesting to see what price point it lands at.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Okay then. It will be interesting to see what price point it lands at.

I can't imagine any interest in a low end Pixel unless it's around the 350 to 400 mark. If money is a concern there are good deals on the Pixel 2s too be had which I think is a better bang for the buck.

Vega007

Dec 14, 2017
Visit site
I can't imagine any interest in a low end Pixel unless it's around the 350 to 400 mark. If money is a concern there are good deals on the Pixel 2s too be had which I think is a better bang for the buck.

I would love to see it land with a $399 price tag.

EMGSM

Trusted Member
Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
My 3XL runs fine with what it gots. I'm pretty sure I won't notice the extra ram so I don't really care for the lite model.

Golurk

Apr 12, 2019
Visit site
On the face of it, the Pixel series of phones is great and extremely competent. However, most people are complaining because compared to other phones the Pixel seems lacklustre in all aspects apart from the software and camera.

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Not sure what year you’re living in, but on Earth it’s May 2019 and the Pixel 4 hasn’t been released yet.

It has not been released, I agree. That said, we have some of the specs already from a benchmark of what is allegedly the Pixel 4 (non XL) this past January. The device names are considered confirmed based on information available in the Google app teardown, and a benchmark from January 24th or so showed a SnapDragon 855 and 6 GB RAM. We also do know that the Pixel 3 and 3 XL, in what we can consider "damn near final form" were completed in approximately April of 2018, so it is not unusual to see prototypes in near final form, especially since we're only 5 months away from release now. We can consider the hardware done and in testing. In the past two years, internal testers have had the devices in hand in late spring/early summer and external testers had them in early summer. That's why, within the next month or so, we're going to "know" damn near everything there is to know about the devices.

TLDR there's no way to confirm the specs we have yet, but there's also nothing about what has been released that is decidedly suspect.