Always on display/AOD

johnnyshinta

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How many people use AOD? I am tempted to use it. In the past I've left it off because I've been afraid of burn in. I read the time moves up and down a little at a time to avoid burn in. But what about the battery level at the bottom.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
How many people use AOD? I am tempted to use it. In the past I've left it off because I've been afraid of burn in. I read the time moves up and down a little at a time to avoid burn in. But what about the battery level at the bottom.

I'm loving the Always on Display. Burn in should not be an issue, as you noted, since it moves. I'm loving the battery life on my 3a XL. That isn't to say that there is no effect on the battery, I haven't turned AoD off so I can't say, just that with the large battery on the 3a XL it is not an issue.

usedtolovephones

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Use it man. It's by far one of the best features on a phone right now. Decreases notifications anxiety and is soooooo useful. You can glance at it from a distance and be done with interacting with your phone without even lifting it up. It's good for your health if you ask me.

Need to thank Samsung for this. It really was a game changer for me and miss it the most when switch back to my Pixel 1 for general use.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
Use it man. It's by far one of the best features on a phone right now. Decreases notifications anxiety and is soooooo useful. You can glance at it from a distance and be done with interacting with your phone without even lifting it up. It's good for your health if you ask me.

Need to thank Samsung for this. It really was a game changer for me and miss it the most when switch back to my Pixel 1 for general use.

Actually, Samsung "stole" AoD. The first phone to have an Always on Display was Nokia, on their Symbian phones about 2010. Motorola (when they were owned by Google) seems to have been the first to have AoD on Android, though they called it Active Display, when they built the original Moto X about 2013. Samsung didn't release a phone with AoD until 2017.

The 3a reminds me, at least in being a great phone that doesn't have a flagship processor, of that original Moto X. I was disappointed when Google sold Motorola to Lenovo; Motorola just hasn't been the same.

usedtolovephones

Jun 14, 2018
Visit site
Actually, Samsung "stole" AoD. The first phone to have an Always on Display was Nokia, on their Symbian phones about 2010. Motorola (when they were owned by Google) seems to have been the first to have AoD on Android, though they called it Active Display, when they built the original Moto X about 2013. Samsung didn't release a phone with AoD until 2017.

The 3a reminds me, at least in being a great phone that doesn't have a flagship processor, of that original Moto X. I was disappointed when Google sold Motorola to Lenovo; Motorola just hasn't been the same.
Oh God.

I don't agree with you at all. But you're right you're right. Thank you.

patchs

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Moto display is the only thing I miss about my X4 since I got the 3a XL. Wave my hand or look at the screen and got notifications. Getting used to a new way takes time but the Pixel is so much > than the X4.

darkmanx2g

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Those weren't always on displays. They turned on when you lift to wake or double tap. It's not always on like Samsung introduced it. I had the original Moto X. It works quite different.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89