OK, I did it. Got the Pixel 4 XL!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Well done! Happy Phone week. The 4xl is a smooth experience and the screen is beautiful. I gave mine to my husband to replace his broken 2xl and he loves it. Has no problems with lag or screen response. His battery life is as expected for his use and he couldn't be happier with it.
Hmmm, what phone you have now?

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Basically, if you choose to hide the notch, then you do get a rounded curvy top of the screen however everything gets pushed down. You lose about half an inch to an inch of screen real estate when you choose to hide the notch.

To me that's well worth the slight loss in "screen estate" to have symmetrical looking bezels, Pixel 2 XL style.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I own a Note 10 plus, can you tell me how you think the 4XL compares to the note?
I had Pixel 3 xl before getting note 10+. Loved everything about that phone except for the taking pictures. While the camera did amazing of taking still pictures outside in good lighting, it struggled in doors with my 2 kids moving around constantly. So many blurry messy pictures.

At the end, the camera is priority one for me and Pixel 3 XL is amazing in that department. I now have 4 Xl and so impressed with the pictures it takes.

I miss the spen and get frustrated sometimes for not having it. Samsung pay was great too but at the end, camera is what I am after.

I also like the stock Android Google loads on their pixel phones. I had my pixel 3 XL since launch and it really gotten better and better with each upgrade. You can't really say that for any other OEM phone (the contrary actually). So if you are someone that holds on to phones for 2 years plus, pixel phones are a great way to go. They only get faster and smoother with upgrades.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I had Pixel 3 xl before getting note 10+. Loved everything about that phone except for the taking pictures. While the camera did amazing of taking still pictures outside in good lighting, it struggled in doors with my 2 kids moving around constantly. So many blurry messy pictures.

At the end, the camera is priority one for me and Pixel 3 XL is amazing in that department. I now have 4 Xl and so impressed with the pictures it takes.

I miss the spen and get frustrated sometimes for not having it. Samsung pay was great too but at the end, camera is what I am after.

I also like the stock Android Google loads on their pixel phones. I had my pixel 3 XL since launch and it really gotten better and better with each upgrade. You can't really say that for any other OEM phone (the contrary actually). So if you are someone that holds on to phones for 2 years plus, pixel phones are a great way to go. They only get faster and smoother with upgrades.
I have not witnessed any evidence of Pixels getting faster with updates compared to all other OEMs over the last 5 years or other OEMs getting slower. I'm referring to 8 different phones from 3 brands, two of which were Pixels.

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I have not witnessed any evidence of Pixels getting faster with updates compared to all other OEMs over the last 5 years or other OEMs getting slower. I'm referring to 8 different phones from 3 brands, two of which were Pixels.
Oh boy, how could we be that much far apart? Lol

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Congratulations and welcome to the Pixel world! I do agree that the flat, white look is really nice; and I'm actually a big fan of Pixel hardware. The Pixel is amazing! Enjoy!