As the title states. This is the first time I am using a Pixel (pure Android), so coming from Samsung phones, what is the best Gallery app in your opinion?
    07-01-2020 04:46 PM
    As the title states. This is the first time I am using a Pixel (pure Android), so coming from Samsung phones, what is the best Gallery app in your opinion?
    Default google photos for me. No need to use another as for me this is by far the best and packed with tons of features such as backup at high quality with unlimited storage.
    07-01-2020 04:48 PM
    I use stock Google photos
    07-01-2020 04:48 PM
    I use the stock Google Photos app for most Gallery uses, and also have an app called Gallery KK installed that I paid for years ago. I like it's picture editing features a little better than Photos
    07-01-2020 04:59 PM
    This is my favourite gallery app. I paid for premium as it is just a wonderful app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...eheart.gallery
    Super Spartan likes this.
    07-01-2020 05:04 PM
    Google Photos all sync across devices ..
    07-01-2020 05:06 PM
    Stock Google photos across all my devices, and of course the web.
    07-01-2020 05:07 PM
    I didn't really like Google Photos but with this last update it's much better imo. But you can also try Google Gallery Go and Simple Gallery Pro. They're nice alternatives, the latter being a paid app for $1.99 I believe.
    07-01-2020 07:14 PM
    Google photos of course. Free backup (good quality) and sync across all devices and PCs through Google photo website.
    eric002 likes this.
    07-01-2020 07:53 PM
    Google Photos here as well. But if you're looking for other options, then try F-Stop Gallery, which was recommended by the eminent JR Raphael (from Computerworld and Android Intelligence).

Whatever you do, DON'T INSTALL QUICKPIC. It used to be great, and then Cheetah Mobile bought it and turned it into a big heaping pile of dung.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    07-01-2020 11:49 PM
    Google photos is best gallery/photos app on any phone/platform
    07-02-2020 12:40 AM
    Google photos is best gallery/photos app on any phone/platform
    It is pretty good, just need better editing tools
    07-02-2020 12:43 AM
    My problem with Google photos is the album structure which I have in my phone is all random and over the place
    07-02-2020 01:30 AM
    My problem with Google photos is the album structure which I have in my phone is all random and over the place
    The thing to keep in mind about Google Photos is that the main photos feed is pretty much every photo you've ever backed up, in chronological order -- it's not meant to offer any kind of organization besides by time. Where you can go nuts organizing is with the Albums feature. Albums are purely your own creation, and they're all virtual, rather than dependent on any physical folder structure. (I'm talking about the actual Albums feature, and not the Device Folders, which simply shows your various physical folders on the phone's storage.) The nice thing about virtual albums is that one photo can appear in any number of albums without having to duplicate the file -- you can't do that with physical folders.
    Super Spartan likes this.
    07-02-2020 02:18 AM
    The thing to keep in mind about Google Photos is that the main photos feed is pretty much every photo you've ever backed up, in chronological order -- it's not meant to offer any kind of organization besides by time. Where you can go nuts organizing is with the Albums feature. Albums are purely your own creation, and they're all virtual, rather than dependent on any physical folder structure. (I'm talking about the actual Albums feature, and not the Device Folders, which simply shows your various physical folders on the phone's storage.) The nice thing about virtual albums is that one photo can appear in any number of albums without having to duplicate the file -- you can't do that with physical folders.
    I see what you mean. The reason I was saying the albums are messed up is I just opened the app and there was a folder named Rio (one of my cats) and I had 2 photos of me in there so I thought the the Photos app mis-recognized me as a cat So I checked that folder on my computer and I had accidentally put 2 photos of me in there while I was copy/pasting files from the DCIM folder so it was my fault. I'll continue to use the Photos app then as I also like how it can detect/show the 360 photos I've taken.

Meanwhile, I've also tried the Gallery app that the Catwoman above suggested but it has the same folder structure as the Photos app not according to the file hierarchy I have on my phone's storage and it has no settings whatsoever to change anything so might as well just use the Photos app in that case.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-02-2020 02:30 AM