Google Messages - Reactions being added?

Mattsg430

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I read on droid life that Google Messages is implementing reactions to text messages in a similar way to iMessage. Has anyone gotten the update yet? Maybe it's server side?

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I read on droid life that Google Messages is implementing reactions to text messages in a similar way to iMessage. Has anyone gotten the update yet? Maybe it's server side?
Been using it for a while now. Maybe it's because I'm on messages beta though.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
They are implementing reactions to RCS chat messages. If you're in the Android messages beta program, then you should already have this feature. RCS chat messages and SMS text messages are two different types of messages still. RCS chat messages are a dark blue color, while regular SMS text messages are a much lighter blue color. I hope this helps you out a little bit.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's been on the android messages beta for a few weeks now. I've been using it with a few buddies and it's awesome.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's been on the android messages beta for a few weeks now. I've been using it with a few buddies and it's awesome.
Yep yep, it is pretty cool. I only can use it with two of the people I know but it is pretty cool when it does work.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yep. That's the frustrating thing about RCS chat. Barely anyone I know has it. Most people just SMS texts still.
That will change once more andriod have this as stock , but if its to iphones out of luck regular just like them if they text you .

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That will change once more andriod have this as stock , but if its to iphones out of luck regular just like them if they text you .
Yeah , dude, hear you. However, most people in my life have iOS. And unless Apple adopts RCS chat standard, unfortunately, not much as you want to change. I wish it did though, cuz RCS can be very fast, fun, interactive. But I just don't see it changing anytime soon You know what I mean?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah , dude, hear you. However, most people in my life have iOS. And unless Apple adopts RCS chat standard, unfortunately, not much as you want to change. I wish it did though, cuz RCS can be very fast, fun, interactive. But I just don't see it changing anytime soon You know what I mean?
No not much with iPhone users , but they don't get chat bubbles and read receipts texting you , just like you don't texting them :(
I dont think Apple want give that up so be looooong time for something universal to come for both with texts.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Lol again same with me. All my friends and family except 2 people I know have android phones.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
No not much with iPhone users , but they don't get chat bubbles and read receipts texting you , just like you don't texting them :(
I dont think Apple want give that up so be looooong time for something universal to come for both with texts.
Yeah, I mean the whole iPhone green bubbles versus blue bubbles for my messaging will most likely never change and I've gotten so used to it just like you guys have that I honestly don't give a crap too much lol. I just wish more Android people had RCS chat enabled. That's all.
Lol again same with me. All my friends and family except 2 people I know have android phones.
Yeah, dude, I hear you! I mean I feel the same exact way. RCS chat is a really fun way to talk to people just that barely anyone has it. Let alone pixel owners lol. As it is we're in a small niche minority of Android users lol.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I mean the whole iPhone green bubbles versus blue bubbles for my messaging will most likely never change and I've gotten so used to it just like you guys have that I honestly don't give a crap too much lol. I just wish more Android people had RCS chat enabled. That's all.Yeah, dude, I hear you! I mean I feel the same exact way. RCS chat is a really fun way to talk to people just that barely anyone has it. Let alone pixel owners lol. As it is we're in a small niche minority of Android users lol.

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Every single person who I know (who I would text) has an iphone. So I didn't even bother enabling "chat" in Messages.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Every single person who I know (who I would text) has an iphone. So I didn't even bother enabling "chat" in Messages.
Yeah, that's exactly why I didn't enable RCS chat features at first. But then I just gave in and said, I have a pixel that's one of the main points of Android why not!

kmf1

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I have RCS enabled, and have one contact that I can use it with. I'm not on Beta, so I don't see any reactions, yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez