What to do when Google will not honor the warranty? They have my phone, but won't send a replacement

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
They could have used that reasoning initially to argue that they are not obligated from honoring the warranty, but at the point they have instructed me to to send the phone back that is immaterial. There is no valid reason for Google to instruct me to send the phone for replacement, then change their mind and keep it while endlessly stringing me along. If it's actually true that they haven't had any in stock, they are well past the point where they should have compensated me another way.

To be clear, this is worse than not doing anything at all. I would rather have been denied a replacement and had a phone with some screen scratches that was otherwise usable. Even if they sent a replacement tomorrow, the clock has been ticking throughout this ordeal and the limited lifetime of usability dictated by software updates and patches grows smaller and the phone continues to depreciate in value - in their hands.
Very strange that Google is acting this way to say the least. All OEMs have their share of horror stories but in this case they need to go the right thing.

Jayne Hoen

Jan 9, 2023
Visit site
My Pixel 5a phone was glitchy from the beginning, then dead and unrepairable within a year. Google then went on to give me the run around so they wouldn't have to honor the year warranty. After already telling me that the phone was under warranty. They claim Mint Mobile is an "unauthorized retailer." I would never put my hard-earned money towards any Google phone products again. Their hardware doesn't work, and their customer service was atrocious. Did small claims work? I might have to do that too.

Veazer

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
There is a Reddit user who somehow acts as a liaison between Pixel customers and Google in situations like this. He was able to light a fire under the right butts and get people moving, and Google shipped my "unavailable" replacement within a week of his help. I think he's a busy student, so you might not get an immediate response. I'll PM you more details.

Reactions: InquirerGenerator

chargris

Feb 28, 2023
Visit site
There is a Reddit user who somehow acts as a liaison between Pixel customers and Google in situations like this. He was able to light a fire under the right butts and get people moving, and Google shipped my "unavailable" replacement within a week of his help. I think he's a busy student, so you might not get an immediate response. I'll PM you more details.
Wow that's convenient! Too little too late imo but better than nothing

Sent from my A063 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol