2800mAh? Is this a joke?

Fille84

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Google knows most are going to get the 4 XL, so they aren't too concerned with the Pixel 4
Which has a smaller screen with lower resolution. The difference is not always that big between the smaller and bigger version of phones because of these parameters.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
No wonder that iPhone turned its owners into wall huggers.

My brother in law has only had his XS since February and the damn thing is already at 88% of initial battery capacity (12% decrease in 8 months of usage!!!), and that phone turned him to a wall/power bank hugger.

Trying to push him into a Samsung/Pixel but trying to convert iSheep is a tough task.

iPhone 11 pro and 11 pro max makes every Android phone look bad in terms of battery life

May be people should just use what they like.

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
Google should "copy" Apple and have a global standardized feature available on their devices that can measure battery health. Last I checked non of the Android apps are accurate for this task.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
iPhone 11 pro and 11 pro max makes every Android phone look bad in terms of battery life

May be people should just use what they like.
I used to bash iPhones for terrible battery life but the XR started to break that trend and now the new 11 series, while they do hold the prize for the ugliest camera ever slapped on a phone, they also have the best battery life of any iPhone by far.

However, take for example the Pro Max, the huge increase in capacity (almost 4000mAh!) comes with a big compromise:

The damn thing weighs 226g

frederickdawg

Oct 1, 2018
Visit site
That would be nice, but for now it's gonna have to be AccuBattery
Just an FYI accubattery pro does not report the correct capacity of new device let alone one that is used or reset. You'll find hundreds of posts on here and elsewhere of people complaining that their brand new device is not showing the true posted battery capacity figures.

Wiley_11

May 10, 2011
Visit site
iPhone 11 pro and 11 pro max makes every Android phone look bad in terms of battery life.

11 Pro Max. 3969mAh 102 hours

Pixel 3a XL 3700mAh 98 hours

Maybe you should check out GSMArena sometime because they list about ~100 Android phones with better battery life than the 11 Pro Max.

ROFLMAO2.gif

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
11 Pro Max. 3969mAh 102 hours

Pixel 3a XL 3700mAh 98 hours

Maybe you should check out GSMArena sometime because they list about ~100 Android phones with better battery life than the 11 Pro Max.

View attachment 311947
I'd rather go by one of those YouTube battery drain tests where they place several devices next to each other, each at 100% with max brightness and then open the same exact apps on them until they are out of juice than to just rely on what GSMArena says

kjharrison

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the camera design (ugly cameras seem to be the trend in late 2019), you can add that to the list of step backs from the Pixel 3.

I don't care what kind of optimization magic Google will throw in there, a 2800mAh paired with a 5.7" OLED will not end well.View attachment 311057

It is all about how well optimized the software is to the hardware. Look at what Google did with just one camera. The battery on my Pixel XL is still great, the phone is from 2016, but it still runs smooth.

All these people like to talk about hardware specs and performance, but performance comes from a mix of hardware the software that runs it, which is where Google far outshines much of the competition, IMHO.

To go back to the camera, the camera on my old-*** Pixel XL still impresses people. It's also still better better than the camera on any phone from last year--I can't say anything about 2019 phones because I haven't seen any in the wild.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to bash iPhones for terrible battery life but the XR started to break that trend and now the new 11 series, while they do hold the prize for the ugliest camera ever slapped on a phone, they also have the best battery life of any iPhone by far.

However, take for example the Pro Max, the huge increase in capacity (almost 4000mAh!) comes with a big compromise:

The damn thing weighs 226g

I'm very glad Apple listened. We said screw thin give me thicker with more battery and they said sure.