MKBHD Review is Out. Google can NOT be happy lol

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I just don't understand why everyone gets upset about them. 9 out of 10 people have other Bluetooth headphones they use. I rarely see anyone with wired headphones anymore. Just sayin...
I don't care if they if they include earbuds but plenty of people still use wired.

osubeavs728

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
So if you drop your screen brightness down to 75% or below, Smooth Display also drops the refresh rate from 90Hz to 60Hz. This "feature" is widely considered to be a battery saving measure.

The 90Hz display is the only thing saving the Pixel 4, and if it's not even going to work unless I'm blasting the brightness, then it's pretty useless.

I'm on the verge of canceling my pre-order. Google seriously doesn't deserve full price for this device. The reviews are universally panning the battery life. Google did it again -- they let a hardware mistake create a problem that didn't need to exist. It's officially their RAM-issue of this year.

Pretty hard to call something official when it was announced a week ago and the majority of people don't have their phones yet.... But go off

alodar101

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm honestly not trying to sound like an Android Homer when I say this but the zoom is going to be more useful to me than the wide angle lense. I mean just last week I was trying to take a picture of an Elk out in a field and the zoom got so grainy. I hope the zoom is as clear as they say it is.

I generally agree with your statement. But ...you know, on instgram, they have the pixel based takes that do dozens of pics a day...and that wide angle sure takes some good pics....if those are the pics you want to take.

There is clearly a good argument here

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
I just don't understand why everyone gets upset about them. 9 out of 10 people have other Bluetooth headphones they use. I rarely see anyone with wired headphones anymore. Just sayin...

I agree. Getting upset about the lack of a headphone jack on devices at this point is nonsensical. It’s something that should be expected by now.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
I don't care if they if they include earbuds but plenty of people still use wired.
I understand but the "free" ones are hot garbage. It's like complaining because you don't get a free car wash when you take your car in for service (for those that don't know they only half clean it and scratch the crap out if your car). Just doesn't make any sense to me...

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
I generally agree with your statement. But ...you know, on instgram, they have the pixel based takes that do dozens of pics a day...and that wide angle sure takes some good pics....if those are the pics you want to take.

There is clearly a good argument here
I agree that everyone has their own needs. I'm just saying, for me, if the telephoto works well on the Pixel 4 XL I'll be a very happy camper. I'll use that more than the wide angle. I know that's not for everyone but that's just my take on it...

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Check out his camera comparison with Supersaf. He prefers the Pixel photos in the large majority of comparisons and for most pictures he would take - though as an all around camera he prefers the iPhone for to video and wide angle.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
I understand but the "free" ones are hot garbage. It's like complaining because you don't get a free car wash when you take your car in for service (for those that don't know they only half clean it and scratch the crap out if your car). Just doesn't make any sense to me...
The sound is OK for the average person but getting them to fit properly is difficult. I don't use them.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I just got mine delivered. I can tell you one thing the no back, home, and recent apps buttons is going to take some getting used to...

You can go into the settings and opt for the old 3 button navigation if you want, but it won't take long to get used to it - and it does free up some screen real estate. Plus, I think I read something about the improved GA only working with the new gesture navigation.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
I’m not sure but a lot of people I know, including myself, still use wired headphones.

I know some people still use them. I just don't understand why people go nuts over the crappy ones that come free with the phone. I mean you can get MUCH better ones for not a lot of money.

anon(10641352)

Oct 21, 2019
Visit site
If it's something I used all the time I'd certainly want something decent. A few dollars makes a big difference when your taking about sound quality from ear buds

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95