Fast Wireless Charging

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
What are my options for a fast Wireless charger for my 4xl, my old Samsung fast charge 2.0 doesn't seem to be charging too fast...

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Aside from the Google Pixel Stand there are not many other options for fast wireless charging on the Pixel 4/4xl. And I believe it only tops out at only 10W. So not very fast compared to other devices.

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Will the 4xl say it is "charging rapidly" if you use the pixel stand? None of my wireless chargers have allowed my 4xl to charge rapidly....

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
What are my options for a fast Wireless charger for my 4xl, my old Samsung fast charge 2.0 doesn't seem to be charging too fast...

I am having the issue with my Samsung wireless charger. I guess I will just go with the Pixel Stand.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Aside from the Google Pixel Stand there are not many other options for fast wireless charging on the Pixel 4/4xl. And I believe it only tops out at only 10W. So not very fast compared to other devices.
Pixel 4 and 4 xl supports Qi wireless charging and they said it will support the same fast 11w wireless charging like the pixel stand on supported Qi wireless chargers. 11 w is much slower than the stick brick 18w charger but I find 11 w still topping off my pixel 4 xl pretty quick.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I am having the issue with my Samsung wireless charger. I guess I will just go with the Pixel Stand.
Mine works fine on my Samsung Wireless charger the thing is that the indicator light won't turn green when it's fully charged. That also happens when charging my iPhone. So I'm thinking the charging indicator is only compatible with Samsung phones but it still works.
Pixel 4 and 4 xl supports Qi wireless charging and they said it will support the same fast 11w wireless charging like the pixel stand on supported Qi wireless chargers. 11 w is much slower than the stick brick 18w charger but I find 11 w still topping off my pixel 4 xl pretty quick.
It uses Qi but do they still regulate it in a way to only allow the 11W on certain "supported" charges? Or does that mean any wireless charger capable of 11 or more watts will work or are there still specific models from specific manufacturers that will give it the 11w?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup 11w is the highest according to Google. Not sure if it's possible to go higher but I wouldn't since Google is not supporting it. Not even sure if possible even if you wanted too. We are stick at 11.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I looked into this a few days ago after hearing the 4 would have more of an open wireless charging standard. 11 watt as people have said here.

I found a few chargers that state they fast charge the 4 but I think the cheapest one was $41. The Pix stand is $80. So, I dropped the whole idea for now. Maybe they will have reasonably priced units at some point - like $25.

I wish the Pix stand wasn't so darn expensive! I have one in my office. It's nice and all but not $80 nice (I paid less than half on sale last year).

mck2018

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Well, just woke up from a night of my 4 xl charging on my Samsung Fast Wireless 2.0 duo charger and my battery is at 95%. I think I'm going to stop using the charger, it can't be good for the phone.....any thoughts?

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Mine works fine on my Samsung Wireless charger the thing is that the indicator light won't turn green when it's fully charged. That also happens when charging my iPhone. So I'm thinking the charging indicator is only compatible with Samsung phones but it still works. It uses Qi but do they still regulate it in a way to only allow the 11W on certain "supported" charges? Or does that mean any wireless charger capable of 11 or more watts will work or are there still specific models from specific manufacturers that will give it the 11w?

My P4XL will not charge on my Samsung wireless charger. I picked up a Pixel Stand today and no more wireless charging issues.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
My P4XL will not charge on my Samsung wireless charger. I picked up a Pixel Stand today and no more wireless charging issues.
Hmm interesting, I have only Samsung wireless chargers all over the house (collected from all the Galaxy pre orders ) and my pixel 4 XL chargers perfectly fine on all of them. Which version of the Samsung wireless charger you have that it's not charging?

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site

My Pixels charged on the Samsung charging stand that came with the Note 10+ pre-order deal and the Note 10+ charged on the Pixel Stand.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Hmm interesting, I have only Samsung wireless chargers all over the house (collected from all the Galaxy pre orders ) and my pixel 4 XL chargers perfectly fine on all of them. Which version of the Samsung wireless charger you have that it's not charging?

I think it is the 2016 version. It works fine with my wife's Note 9 but no luck with my P4XL.

Attachments

• 250.jpg
    250.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 14

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I think it is the 2016 version. It works fine with my wife's Note 9 but no luck with my P4XL.
Ah ok I do have the latest ones and last year ones, so may be they aren't compatible with them. But still weird since it's just qi charging.

strikeIII

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly this model is the same one I tried using at work and it doesn't even work with this years Samsung Devices. It wasn't working on my S10 but would work fine with the S9.

cert15z

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly this model is the same one I tried using at work and it doesn't even work with this years Samsung Devices. It wasn't working on my S10 but would work fine with the S9.

It works with my Note 10+, but it takes about 4.5 to 5 hours to charge

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty