02-04-2020 12:49 AM
38 12
tools
    I see a mostly talk about the 4 xl, and nothing about the 4. How's your battery life? How's the size compared to the Pixel 3? Any pixel 4 users out there? Thanks
    11-09-2019 05:29 PM
    I've got the 4. switched from the Samsung s10e. so far I'm very happy with my decision. size is great. phone is fast and snappy. face unlock is fantastic and fast. I'm way happier using that than the fingerprint, but that's my preference.

battery wise I'm ok so far. I'm always around a charger if I need. but frankly, for my usage, I don't see a real difference between the s10e and the 4 in battery life despite the size difference.

I'd recommend it certainly.
    sulla1965, falexander115 and agmsr like this.
    11-09-2019 06:28 PM
    I have the 4. Battery is slightly better than my 3 was.
    I haven't checked usage but I can notice a difference. It's a good size, overall similar to the 3. Good size for a smaller phone.Slightly bigger screen than the 3 was. Lose more around the edges when zooming YouTube videos now though.
    Display is definitely warmer than my 3. (I prefer the 3's cooler display). Still nice, clean and sharp.
    Being a 1080 screen you only notice a difference when comparing to the 4XL. Even then it's no big deal unless you're really into having the sharpest display.
    I had a 2XL before my 3 and going down didn't bother me.
    Speakers are still killer.
    Not sure what else to say lol.
    11-11-2019 03:46 AM
    I have the Pixel 4 64GB white one and after a week the battery is better it’s adapting to my use and I have set up the Pixel with digital wellbeing and motion sense off as l do not need them, and with minimum apps required, the assistant is excellent compared to my old I phone Siri, it’s a compact and well built phone looks good too and with November security up date, I have no complaints it works well.
    11-11-2019 03:14 PM
    Way I look at it, someone looking to have some battery beast that can let him watch the full LoTR trilogy while sitting at the peak of a mountain isn't going to be buying the 4 anyhow.

Yes, 2800mah is small. Yes, it's not going to win any endurance awards. But.... I think the number of people who would not take offense at the smaller one's battery life is larger than what we've been lead to believe. And maybe that is a compromise they are willing to make to get something else in return.... After all, there is more to the Pixels than their batteries.
    mustang7757 and falexander115 like this.
    11-11-2019 06:09 PM
    Way I look at it, someone looking to have some battery beast that can let him watch the full LoTR trilogy while sitting at the peak of a mountain isn't going to be buying the 4 anyhow.

Yes, 2800mah is small. Yes, it's not going to win any endurance awards. But.... I think the number of people who would not take offense at the smaller one's battery life is larger than what we've been lead to believe. And maybe that is a compromise they are willing to make to get something else in return.... After all, there is more to the Pixels than their batteries.
    I agree. Most reviewers seem to like saying if you don't wanna deal with the smaller battery, get the XL. The whole point of the regular Pixel is having a device that is smaller and works better one handed. It completely ignores the reason for the smaller model's existence.
    11-11-2019 06:21 PM
    I agree. Most reviewers seem to like saying if you don't wanna deal with the smaller battery, get the XL. The whole point of the regular Pixel is having a device that is smaller and works better one handed. It completely ignores the reason for the smaller model's existence.
    No one could have said this any better! People that choose to use a smaller phone should not have something that doesn't work equally as well. Buying the larger model is not the answer. If we wanted the xl we would have purchased one from the get go
    frankwhite8536 likes this.
    11-11-2019 06:49 PM
    Agreed.... You shouldn't have to compromise.
    11-11-2019 10:26 PM
    Agreed.... You shouldn't have to compromise.
    That's why I'm hopeful that some have said the battery is the same or a bit better than the 3. Either way, I still plan to wait until BF, at least that way I'll see a $200 discount. Even then I might not bite, since there's still a month to Xmas and if sales aren't spectacular, Google and other places might be encouraged to offer other discounts. But as of right now I'm still on the fence, my 3 is still doing ok. Battery life has taken a hit of late, so even if the 4 isn't great, it might be better than what I've currently got.

I almost looked at some used Galaxy S10e's on Swappa, but after trying out one at the local indirect Verizon dealers, I remembered how much I didn't like Samsung's UI. I know it's improved, but it's still not as clean to me as the Pixel UI. I'd look at the 3a, but I still wish they'd offer a 128GB version. So I'll keep hemming & hawing until I eventually pick up a 4.
    agmsr and J Dubbs like this.
    11-12-2019 12:13 AM
    I'm using the smaller Pixel 4 and it's perfect for my usage. I'm getting slightly better battery life than my Pixel 3 and that's with 90hz forced on etc.

But I'm not into mobile gaming or video streaming etc. Majority of my use is messaging/calls, web browsing and some music playback of songs stored on the device itself.

YMMV
    11-12-2019 10:42 AM
    I'm sure the Pixel 4 battery would measure up to a 3 that's had one year of heavy use and charge cycles...

But grab a brand new 3 and I don't see how the 4 could possibly outlast it, especially if they're both running Android 10 and same monthly patch.

I'd think the 3 would get an extra half hour of juice at most, assuming the 4 has the 90Hz disabled.
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    11-12-2019 11:25 AM
    I'm sure the Pixel 4 battery would measure up to a 3 that's had one year of heavy use and charge cycles...

But grab a brand new 3 and I don't see how the 4 could possibly outlast it, especially if they're both running Android 10 and same monthly patch.

I'd think the 3 would get an extra half hour of juice at most, assuming the 4 has the 90Hz disabled.
    My 3 has not had heavy usage for a year. I use an iPhone on work days and my Pixels are my fun off day phone. My Pixel 4 is getting slightly better battery life than my pixel 3. Not by a lot but noticeable. I think it has more to do with the Snapdragon 855 vs 845 and 6GB of RAM vs 4GB (fewer app reloads).
    11-12-2019 12:02 PM
    Received my P4 on October 23rd. While I have to admit the first several days with it were a little dicey as far as the battery life goes, over time it has adapted to my usage and I continue to end the day with more-and-more battery life remaining. As for all the other features of the P4...well, what else can I say except this is a phenomenal phone; and it's a definite keeper!!

BTW, I upgraded from a P2XL.
    hub1 and KrisYYC like this.
    11-12-2019 12:07 PM
    My Pixel 4 is getting slightly better battery life than my pixel 4.
    dsignori likes this.
    11-12-2019 12:10 PM
    You know what I meant.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-12-2019 12:16 PM
    Yeah I'm happy with my Pixel 4, love the size. Coming from the larger devices it's a nice change to use a smaller device once in a while. Battery life is not an issue as I'm always by a charger and have a battery bank in my bag. The iPhone 11 Pro Max is the first device that can actually last me a whole day without charging.
    sulla1965 likes this.
    11-12-2019 10:05 PM
    I have the S10e and was thinking about the 4 because I prefer the stock Android, and I wanted to check out the latest camera. I like Samsung HW, but I don't use the Samsung apps.
    11-14-2019 08:25 AM
    I bought the smaller 4. Got too tired of the big size. Went from Pixel 2 XL to Pixel 4. So far I'm loving the upgrade.
    falexander115 likes this.
    11-14-2019 08:43 AM
    Agree with most comments. My orange 4 arrived yesterday, so I don't have much to say about battery life yet. Upgraded from a 2 and was very happy with that over two years. Looking forward to trying all the new features.
    11-14-2019 09:50 AM
    I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S10e and WoW do I love the Google Pixel 4! Seriously, the face unlock is fantastic and the phone feels so good in my hand. The battery last me all day with no problem. I don't understand why so many reviewers got this do wrong. Don't listen to them, this phone is great.
    11-14-2019 10:22 AM
    I traded in my Samsung Galaxy S10e and WoW do I love the Google Pixel 4! Seriously, the face unlock is fantastic and the phone feels so good in my hand. The battery last me all day with no problem. I don't understand why so many reviewers got this do wrong. Don't listen to them, this phone is great.
    Is the battery on the P4 is better than the one on the S10e?

Cause the latter has a 300mAh head start
    11-14-2019 10:37 AM
    I have the smaller 4. I wanted the bigger one but in the end couldn't justify the price. Upgraded from a Pixel 2 and loving it.
    11-14-2019 11:49 AM
    Pixel 4 here, coming from the Pixel 2. Battery is not as good but fine. That is until random drastic drains kill 1% every 30s when the phone is not being used.
    11-14-2019 12:48 PM
    I wanted wanted an orange 4, but I just couldn't justify the change from my S10. I loved my Pixel 3, but the battery life was awful. So for them to shrink the battery, not include a wide camera, and only had a base storage of 64 GB, I just couldn't do it.

I've had ever pixel generation thus far, but sadly Google made some poor choices this year.
    11-14-2019 01:29 PM
    I'm dropping the XL next year. I can't use it one handed.
    11-14-2019 05:39 PM
38 12