Google Assistant

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I'm using my Pixel 4XL in the UK. (Excellent phone.). I can't get the Continued Conversation function to work. Should it be available now? Thanks.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my Pixel 4XL in the UK. (Excellent phone.). I can't get the Continued Conversation function to work. Should it be available now? Thanks.

First, I didn't realize they added toggle to add this to phones. I thought it was only on Home devices.

So, I turned it on. It worked right away. Do you have a specific toggle for "Phone" in the continued conversation settings?

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
I wish Google would get this working for those of us who prefer three button nav. I only have the phone continued conversation option when I change to the new assistant with gesture nav. :(

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
First, I didn't realize they added toggle to add this to phones. I thought it was only on Home devices.

So, I turned it on. It worked right away. Do you have a specific toggle for "Phone" in the continued conversation settings?

I toggled it to ON. It says there are no devices available

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Well I managed to get it to work. Needed to go into the Assistant Voice and there an update to download for the English/US language. After downloading that it works. It would have helped if Google had told us this was needed.

PaulQ

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Continued conversation works well to get facts, check schedules, things stored on the phone and on the web but if I try to send a text message and the Assistant has a question for me in the middle, half the time it will have the colored bars all lit up in continued conversation but it won't respond to my voice at all. For example, when it wants to confirm who I want to text ("Text Bob Smith, is that right?"). YES! YESSSS! SI! ...nothing. Texting is still best when you hit it on the first try and don't need continued conversation.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I got it to work in the UK by changing my assistant language to English US. I also changed to stock launcher and then it worked. I have been able to change back to Nova and it still works. But it was a faff. Not straight out of the box, so to say. But it was the MAIN reason I wanted to upgrade from the 2XL so I was determined to get it working.

Am annoyed we still don't have call screen in the UK. Although RCS worked since the summer.

aecgda

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
I got it to work in the UK by changing my assistant language to English US. I also changed to stock launcher and then it worked. I have been able to change back to Nova and it still works. But it was a faff. Not straight out of the box, so to say. But it was the MAIN reason I wanted to upgrade from the 2XL so I was determined to get it working.

Am annoyed we still don't have call screen in the UK. Although RCS worked since the summer.

Sorry but what's a 'call screen'?

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
Sorry but what's a 'call screen'?
It is a main feature of the Pixel phones from last year. Basically the assistant screens your phone calls for you and allows you to choose if you want to answer or not but you know who is calling. Like when you have an answerphone on a landline and you listen in before answering the call. Only works in the USA and I think Canada.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the new Google Assistant on the Pixel 4 works if you have the system language as something other than English? Like... If I have Spanish as the system language but the Assistant language to English (US) will it still work with the new assistant?

Peter Scooze

Dec 18, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know if the new Google Assistant on the Pixel 4 works if you have the system language as something other than English? Like... If I have Spanish as the system language but the Assistant language to English (US) will it still work with the new assistant?

No i dont think so

Ben_70

May 31, 2017
Visit site
Just got the new Assistant (with continued conversation) on my 4xl using 3 button nav. Yay! About time!

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
In my experience it has worked. But my main language is English UK. But my assistant language is English US