[Rumor] Verizon to stop selling future Pixel phones

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think this is a good thing, Pixel users, including myself, want to buy Pixel phones but if they keep making "lackluster" phones compared to other flagships, it will be a good thing having the industry shame them vs its users. Maybe this will kick Google into action and either drop the price of their flagship or actually start competing in the hardware market.

I do love my P4 XL but became bored with it quickly. Compared to Samsung and Apple, the pixels are just not worth it in the $1,000 + range. Standard users looking at a Note 10, S10, S20 next to a pixel 4, what are they going to choose?
Yeah, hopefully this will push Google to redesign the Pixel 5 to get More sleek or more innovative or something!

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Would serve them right as well.

You know, I used to love the Nexus phones. The nexus 5 and 5X/6P was pinnacle for me. They were not high end specs, but middle specced, and priced to match. They got updated, and I loved them.

The Pixel came out, it was priced well. All of these phones, I bought, loved them. The Pixel 2 dropped, I paused. The price was high, but I got it anyway.

The Pixel 3XL was the ugliest piece of trash I had ever seen. I skipped it. The Pixel 4 dropped with a smaller batterry with a hungry screen, that cvost as much as a Galaxy?? Nope. I sat on the 2XL until the price dropped.

My wife and I have a comboned 9 PGoogle phones at that point, and we wouldn't buy until the price came down. Why would nayone buy a Pixel at full price? The battery is a joke, the updates got screwed up, and lack of ultra wide camera is mind boggling. That price?????? What?

Google had better get it's crap together. This looking bad.
Got my mint 3 xl for $350 in December of last year. Ugly notch but love the phone and camera. Wife has pixel 2 xl and she is too in love with that camera lol. Pixel 4 XL still not low enough to upgrade. Probably give it another 2 months and I can grab a used mint one for $450. Rinse and repeat. I am not expecting much from the 5 xl. So will also be waiting for 6 to 8 moths after release before I get one. Cheers.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Got my mint 3 xl for $350 in December of last year. Ugly notch but love the phone and camera. Wife has pixel 2 xl and she is too in love with that camera lol. Pixel 4 XL still not low enough to upgrade. Probably give it another 2 months and I can grab a used mint one for $450. Rinse and repeat. I am not expecting much from the 5 xl. So will also be waiting for 6 to 8 moths after release before I get one. Cheers.
I agree all for the ugly notch. I've gotten so used to it. Plus everything else you said is simply amazing!

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I agree all for the ugly notch. I've gotten so used to it. Plus everything else you said is simply amazing!

Eric you gotta stop speaking out your posts...as much as I like pixel phones myself they do a terrible job of translating speech to text lol. Good thing we understand googlenglish ;-)

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Eric you gotta stop speaking out your posts...as much as I like pixel phones myself they do a terrible job of translating speech to text lol. Good thing we understand googlenglish ;-)
Actually, that's exactly what I meant to say.. lol For the most part, I always proofread my messages. Sorry in the past if accidentally messed things up though, I try not to let that happen :) in general though, pixel phones are not the most beautiful phones and we've already stated that I'm not saying they are. They're function over a form. They prove that you don't need to have multiple cameras on the back of your phone in order to take a great shot. As far as the video recording; sure they could get better! Absolutely and I really do hope Google improves that!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Actually, that's exactly what I meant to say.. lol For the most part, I always proofread my messages. Sorry in the past if accidentally messed things up though, I try not to let that happen :) in general though, pixel phones are not the most beautiful phones and we've already stated that I'm not saying they are. They're function over a form. They prove that you don't need to have multiple cameras on the back of your phone in order to take a great shot. As far as the video recording; sure they could get better! Absolutely and I really do hope Google improves that!
Why do people have an issue with the video recording? I think that my Pixel takes great video

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
That story has been proved wrong by the way. The writer said their source was wrong and they will not use them again. Verizon has countered the story by saying they are still working with Google.

Verizon may sell the Pixel 4a and 5 after all (Update and retraction) http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/AndroidPolice/~3/Lb0irtm7kI4/
Oh, thank heaven sake! I can't wait for the pixel 5's to launch! I mean the renderings and prototypes are already coming out being leaked like crazy. I just hope that it's not leak completely like the pixel 4's were last year. . I know rumors are just gossip, I'm just not sure where this came from or was sourced from... Makes no sense why would someone just make up a rumor like this even though that's exactly what rumors are fake news unfortunately :-(

Nauga

Nov 9, 2017
Visit site
I know rumors are just gossip, I'm just not sure where this came from or was sourced from... Makes no sense why would someone just make up a rumor like this even though that's exactly what rumors are fake news unfortunately :-(
It’s just clickbait, and if it didn’t make money, these self-styled online “journalists” wouldn’t live by it. When your paycheck is tied to the number of eyes you can drive to your sight, things like integrity and responsibility pretty quickly get chucked out the window.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
It’s just clickbait, and if it didn’t make money, these self-styled online “journalists” wouldn’t live by it. When your paycheck is tied to the number of eyes you can drive to your sight, things like integrity and responsibility pretty quickly get chucked out the window.
UGH, that's kind of annoying And frustrating! Well, thanks for letting me know about the clickbait...

firebirder

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Nobody wants them because they do a terrible job at marketing. Verizon doesn't push them at all

Is that Google's fault or VZW? The only thing VZW pushes is Apple, with Samsung as the second. My experience with these stores is that know just above nothing about their phones or phones in general. You can't blame Google for VZW not pushing them. I would guess 99% of people either want an Apple or Samsung just because of the name.

As far as everything else, I PERSONALLY think the Pixel 4 is a great phone. So many people give them opinions as facts. ie, I've not had an issue with the battery? Tell me, what electronic do you use that has the most amazing battery live where it can be used all day and never charged? Matter of fact, I don't know of any product that is perfect. Sure, the pre smart phone phones last longer, but compare how they were used.

Sure, I wish the price was lower, but I wish that about literally EVERYTHING. That said, TO ME, this phone is closer to accurately priced than any other phone I personally have experience with (can't talk about the One Plus, never had the chance to try it.)

Again, just my 2 cents...

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
I have found that I charge my new Galaxy S10+ almost as much as the 4XL. I am a heavy user so no phone will last 2 days with my use. The S10+ has 4100 mAH so I expect it to give me 7-8 hours screen on time. But I still charge them both every day and I am fine with that. Pixel on the Pixel Stand and now my Galaxy on a Samsung wireless pad. Works for me.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Is that Google's fault or VZW? The only thing VZW pushes is Apple, with Samsung as the second. My experience with these stores is that know just above nothing about their phones or phones in general. You can't blame Google for VZW not pushing them. I would guess 99% of people either want an Apple or Samsung just because of the name.

As far as everything else, I PERSONALLY think the Pixel 4 is a great phone. So many people give them opinions as facts. ie, I've not had an issue with the battery? Tell me, what electronic do you use that has the most amazing battery live where it can be used all day and never charged? Matter of fact, I don't know of any product that is perfect. Sure, the pre smart phone phones last longer, but compare how they were used.

Sure, I wish the price was lower, but I wish that about literally EVERYTHING. That said, TO ME, this phone is closer to accurately priced than any other phone I personally have experience with (can't talk about the One Plus, never had the chance to try it.)

Again, just my 2 cents...
I have found that I charge my new Galaxy S10+ almost as much as the 4XL. I am a heavy user so no phone will last 2 days with my use. The S10+ has 4100 mAH so I expect it to give me 7-8 hours screen on time. But I still charge them both every day and I am fine with that. Pixel on the Pixel Stand and now my Galaxy on a Samsung wireless pad. Works for me.
Well said!! I have fine-tuned the software on my pixel 3 XL to use much less battery for my usage. As for marketing the pixel, I do believe that it's also Verizon's issue not putting up enough commercials. You're right, most of the time, whenever you walk into a Verizon store, they will first try to sell you a Samsung Galaxy phone, or an iPhone. That's just the reality of it unfortunately. You'd have to ask the sales rep for the pixel phone. That's the problem right there. The pixels really are wonderful phones!

mrpackerguy

Feb 2, 2016
Visit site
There are some major issues some of us are having with ringer volume suddenly decreasing for no reason, and sensors failing. I'm seeing it mostly with the Pixel 3 and 4 from the support threads I'm following. And lots of those folks seem to be on Verizon. I'm on US Cellular. But maybe that's why Verizon is doing what they're doing. For me, it's not a 100% deal breaker because I can still use my phone for calling and work. But not being able to have my phone auto-rotate, or any gestures to work, or panorma mode on my camera to not work because it uses the accelerometer which does not work on my phone, and for phone ringer and volume to just go to almost inaudible causing missed calls and texts for no reason, is really annoying on a $1000 "flagship" phone, especially when Google doesn't seem to interested in working with the people on the support threads to get a fix. It's a major problem for Google and I think they know it. I know I'm unlikely to purchase another Google phone.

Kizzy Catwoman

Ambassador
Feb 2, 2017
Visit site
There are some major issues some of us are having with ringer volume suddenly decreasing for no reason, and sensors failing. I'm seeing it mostly with the Pixel 3 and 4 from the support threads I'm following. And lots of those folks seem to be on Verizon. I'm on US Cellular. But maybe that's why Verizon is doing what they're doing. For me, it's not a 100% deal breaker because I can still use my phone for calling and work. But not being able to have my phone auto-rotate, or any gestures to work, or panorma mode on my camera to not work because it uses the accelerometer which does not work on my phone, and for phone ringer and volume to just go to almost inaudible causing missed calls and texts for no reason, is really annoying on a $1000 "flagship" phone, especially when Google doesn't seem to interested in working with the people on the support threads to get a fix. It's a major problem for Google and I think they know it. I know I'm unlikely to purchase another Google phone.
Verizon have confirmed they are still selling newer pixels in the future. The original article was wrong.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Verizon have confirmed they are still selling newer pixels in the future. The original article was wrong.

I can't imagine why they wouldn't. There are always non-samsung and non-apple fans so you have to have an option or in today's world they will go somewhere else. And I'm sure Google pads the deal with incentives to sweeten that deal.