Pixel 4a Unboxing, Hands-On Videos & Reviews!

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Is that really the screen on the iphone? It looks like crap. Looks like a screen from 5 years ago.. Do they still have every App on the home screens or did they finally copy Google by having a drawer?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
6 years, actually.

It's the same exact screen and body as the iPhone 6 from 2014.

and what looks like a home button and I am sure no USB-C...and that competes with a Pixel?...Yikes, the Apple folks will buy anything. They should come with instructions on how to take pic's, 2 friends were over taking pic's with their cameras in landscape. lol

gebco

Nov 27, 2015
Visit site
What's wrong with landscape mode? I prefer it as, when viewing on a monitor or TV, the image fills the entire screen.

and
what looks like a home button and I am sure no USB-C...and that competes with a Pixel?...Yikes, the Apple folks will buy anything. They should come with instructions on how to take pic's, 2 friends were over taking pic's with their cameras in landscape. lol

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
In all fairness the iPhone SE 2nd gen is a solid piece of tech despite the outdated look. It's a great entry level phone for anyone wanting to dip their feet into the iOS world without spending too much or anyone that loves iOS and is on a tight budget. I actually don't mind the look of it. Now if you ask me to choose between iPhone SE or the Pixel 4A, I'll definitely choose the latter. Given the price of both Pixel 4A and iPhone SE, I'm almost thinking of having both and I'd still be paying less than some of these flagship phones.

Dropping in another great no nonsense reviewer:

https://youtu.be/MG3ZebNhlWU

Unobtanium

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My daughter has a 1st Gen SE, but she doesn't like the lack of headphone jack on the new SE. Just got my 4a (replacing my Pixel 1), and my work phone is a iPhone 8, so I am used to both systems.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
My daughter has a 1st Gen SE, but she doesn't like the lack of headphone jack on the new SE. Just got my 4a (replacing my Pixel 1), and my work phone is a iPhone 8, so I am used to both systems.

My husband and brother both loved their first generation SE's. Heck, I liked them too! I think that was the first phone to actually make me think about an iPhone I'd actually use.

the_boon

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
Re: Pixel 4a Unboxing, Hands-On Videos & Reviews!

My husband and brother both loved their first generation SE's. Heck, I liked them too! I think that was the first phone to actually make me think about an iPhone I'd actually use.
Ahh, the first gen SE's... back when Apple at least understood ergonomics, both from a sizing standpoint, and more importantly with the flat edges that made it far more secure in the hand than the rounded nonsense of all the iPhones after it.

I had the 1st gen SE up until last year, coupled with this:
1043675133.jpeg

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: Pixel 4a Unboxing, Hands-On Videos & Reviews!

Ahh, the first gen SE's... back when Apple at least understood ergonomics, both from a sizing standpoint, and more importantly with the flat edges that made it far more secure in the hand than the rounded nonsense of all the iPhones after it.

I had the 1st gen SE up until last year, coupled with this:
View attachment 325821

What a nifty combination!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez