Pixel 5 Pro

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
According to Tom's Guide, the Pixel 5 Pro model could be released as early as March to take on the iPhone 12 and Galaxy S21.

I think I'll wait and see.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Google has never released a "Pro" model before, right? I wonder if they are mistaking the possible Pixel 5a in the Spring for some Pro model?

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Huh. Interesting. Let's see if this gets substantiated before black Friday. Although I wouldn't want a phone too much bigger than the 5, and want fingerprint over face unlock

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Not happening. When is the last time Google released a phone that didn't start leaking 6 months early?

Every year the Pixel Prime/Pro rumor circulates and every year it remains the same.... a rumor.

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
Won't be for me if they make it bigger and reduce battery life

I've lusted after a light pure android phone that could last all day for years , can't see what a pro would bring to the table

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Won't be for me if they make it bigger and reduce battery life

I've lusted after a light pure android phone that could last all day for years , can't see what a pro would bring to the table

Bigger phones just become more and more unusable for me, so à Pixel Pro phone will not be in my wheelhouse, sadly.

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Huh. Interesting. Let's see if this gets substantiated before black Friday. Although I wouldn't want a phone too much bigger than the 5, and want fingerprint over face unlock

If this doesn't get announced, I'll be back in Sammyland, unfortunately. The deals on the S20 FE look too good right now and they have an ear speaker that is actually visible and not limiting like I've read about this wretched design. If I get wind there will be another P5 out in March, I will wait and see if this horrible design is fixed b/c I really don't want to go back to Sammy. Aside from the touchscreen issue that won't affect me based on my typical usage, it looks like a good phone and will be stellar value.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
If this doesn't get announced, I'll be back in Sammyland, unfortunately. The deals on the S20 FE look too good right now and they have an ear speaker that is actually visible and not limiting like I've read about this wretched design. If I get wind there will be another P5 out in March, I will wait and see if this horrible design is fixed b/c I really don't want to go back to Sammy. Aside from the touchscreen issue that won't affect me based on my typical usage, it looks like a good phone and will be stellar value.

I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue). While I wouldn't mind dual front facing speakers, it was the sacrifice taken for the nearly lack of bezels. Some like this trade off, others don't. If this PRO model pans out to be true I cannot imagine Google taking a different design language but then again Google seems to be all over the place with Pixel devices of this year.

Maybe it'll be called the Pixel 5 Pro 5G Max Extreme Jumbo Chungus in Maybe Perhaps Not So Slate color.

In all seriousness I'm not getting my hopes up for this pro model.

I just sold my 3A XL today and for now I've switched to the "dark" side of iOS and bought myself an iPhone XR. My family and friends are mostly on the iOS world and I don't need the latest with iPhones. I'm waiting to see if I cave in to any of the available Pixel devices this year or wait until next release. For my personal preferences I would not use any other Android phone but a Pixel.

ezdoit

Sep 20, 2019
Visit site
I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue).

I have a P5 - I am 77 years old with 77 year old ears - that makes me 154 in "ear years" and I can say that the hearing during calls is not an issue for me - SO - buy the phone - it is returnable you know - don't make me have to repeat this again - EVER!

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have a P5 - I am 77 years old with 77 year old ears - that makes me 154 in "ear years" and I can say that the hearing during calls is not an issue for me - SO - buy the phone - it is returnable you know - don't make me have to repeat this again - EVER!

Yes Sir!

I think I may have just wet my pants. :'(

Daveya

Nov 19, 2020
Visit site
For calls the speaker sounds absolutely fine

It's really weird for notifications though very tinny, like a Sky News update

Doesn't bother me but it's odd

Yet when you play a vid on You Tube again it's fine, I think some sounds just come from the top speaker

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm simply going to find out for myself as well. Waiting on black Friday prices, will baby the phone for a couple days, make lots of phone calls and see what I think.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Not happening. When is the last time Google released a phone that didn't start leaking 6 months early?

But times have changed. Maybe google see there's a real demand for a bigger pixel. Hopefully at least 6.5 inches like the 8T and S20 FE

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I've read many mixed feelings about the under display speaker and it is not so much of a dealbreaker for me so long as you can hear calls clearly (which most say is not an issue). While I wouldn't mind dual front facing speakers, it was the sacrifice taken for the nearly lack of bezels. Some like this trade off, others don't. If this PRO model pans out to be true I cannot imagine Google taking a different design language but then again Google seems to be all over the place with Pixel devices of this year.

Maybe it'll be called the Pixel 5 Pro 5G Max Extreme Jumbo Chungus in Maybe Perhaps Not So Slate color.

In all seriousness I'm not getting my hopes up for this pro model.

I just sold my 3A XL today and for now I've switched to the "dark" side of iOS and bought myself an iPhone XR. My family and friends are mostly on the iOS world and I don't need the latest with iPhones. I'm waiting to see if I cave in to any of the available Pixel devices this year or wait until next release. For my personal preferences I would not use any other Android phone but a Pixel.

Same here.. only android for me is a pixel ;) But as my eyes get older, I need my screens to get bigger, and the pixels this year aren't doing it for me spec or size wise. They're good phones, just not exciting me :(