News Google Pixel 8 Pro vs. iPhone 15 Pro: Which flagship should you buy?

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
Neither.

S23+ would be my recommend if you want something similar in size to Pixel 8 Pro. If you can tolerate a bit larger and more square-cornered display, S23 Ultra.

S23+/Ultra mobile phones are faster in practical usage (other than snapping photos some of the time), have better battery resiliency, faster charging, offer more customization options, etc. than Pixel 8 Pro.

The only noteworthy downsides in my opinion:
  1. Camera and app integration is not quite the same as Pixel (especially in less than ideal situations)
  2. 7 years of software updates and security patches vs 5 years (including Android 17).
  3. OneUI Android updates and security patches are not released as quickly and staggered across different Samsung hardware platforms instead of "all (supported) Pixel phones" at once.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

ras47

Mar 21, 2021
Visit site
I cannot stand Samsung's version of Android. I appreciate the Piixel's cleaner version. I mostly use my iPhone 14 Pro these days but I keep a Pixel 5 as a backup/change-of-pace phone.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I cannot stand Samsung's version of Android. I appreciate the Piixel's cleaner version. I mostly use my iPhone 14 Pro these days but I keep a Pixel 5 as a backup/change-of-pace phone.
When people say this, I do wonder when the last interaction they had with it was. For a lot of people, it was pre One UI.

Reactions: 1raygin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174