Protective Case

Scholfield03

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
What protective cases are you using that allow for easy access to the fingerprint scanner?

I've been trying out the Spigen Tough Armor but find it's hard to use the fingerprint scanner

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
What protective cases are you using that allow for easy access to the fingerprint scanner?

I've been trying out the Spigen Tough Armor but find it's hard to use the fingerprint scanner
Using this case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J824HF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6889500

And so far I really like it. It's not bulky, protects the entire phone and makes it so easy to access the finger print sensor bc of the design. It has like a smooth piece so you can easily detect and slide your finger right to it.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Using this case https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J824HF...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU6889504

And so far I really like it. It's not bulky, protects the entire phone and makes it so easy to access the finger print sensor bc of the design. It has like a smooth piece so you can easily detect and slide your finger right to it.

I was looking at that case the other day. Seemed to be one of the best options on Amazon even though it is so cheap. Good to hear a positive review. I too noticed that little slide in spot for your finger for the sensor. Smart design.

elvee68

Dec 19, 2010
Visit site
I use a Spigen Liquid Air and a DBrand Grip Case.
The Spigen is really thin and the Grip is what it's name is, grippy.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I was looking at that case the other day. Seemed to be one of the best options on Amazon even though it is so cheap. Good to hear a positive review. I too noticed that little slide in spot for your finger for the sensor. Smart design.
Cheap in price but boy feels great in the hand. Really well built and grippy.

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Google Fabric case. It looks and feels really cool. My first fabric case. Will have to see how it feels on the phone. I'll be ordering the phone on Black Friday - sale or no sale, just have to see if there are any discounts on AT&T.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
What skin? and how difficult was the application? Thanks
I bought the skin from Sopi guard for 10 bucks.

Application was very simple as it's only the back, and not the sides. Camera skin, I put on last.

They have a great variety of skins.

Hope this helps

BlackBerry Guy

Trusted Member
Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I have a Spigen Rugged Armour and Rhinoshield Solidsuit. The fingerprint cutout on the Solidsuit is slightly larger and angled steeper, so I find that my finger is less likely to partly miss the reader and end up on the camera. The Solidsuit is slightly wider in hand, but is much more protective than the the Rugged Armour.

anthonium

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Is anybody here going caseless? How well does the paint on the black and gray hold up (considering you haven't dropped the phone or scratched it with keys? I'm very gentle with my phones so I guess I'm wondering if it can withstand gentle use and being put in an empty pocket without issues.

Last edited:

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Is anybody here going careless? How well does the paint on the black and gray hold up (considering you haven't dropped the phone or scratched it with keys? I'm very gentle with my phones so I guess I'm wondering if it can withstand gentle use and being put in an empty pocket without issues.

I think as long as you are careful, your phone should be okay! I too am very gentle with my phones and even baby them, so I can understand your hesitation to go caseless!

idiotekniques

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
It seems that there just aren't the amount of high quality cases available for the pixel 5 as there have been for past pixels. Not a good sign for where pixel sales have been trending