DBrand skin combined with MNML Transparent Case

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys wanted to share what a dbrand skin + MNML Case combo looks like. So first I ended up ordering a MNML Case since they were having big discounts during the holidays. I figured since the pixel 5 is built out of metal and plastic I probably wouldn't need as much protection as the previous all glass pixel devices. I've never tried this case before because of how thin it was based on reviews etc but I've always loved having the thinnest possible cases that add the least amount of bulk. I've had my eyes on the MNML cases for the past 2 years but never pulled the triggered and fast fwd to today here we are.

I got to use this case for about 2 weeks and realized uhmm I wonder if I could order a dbrand skin and slap it on the case instead of the phone. So I tried putting the pixel 5 with the MNML Case inside a normal case and it fit like a glove literally almost exactly the same as if there was no case on the phone at all. It was then that I decided to order a dbrand skin to try this experiment out.

The Dbrand skin came in today and I have had a chance to install it on the case "NOT" on the phone directly and I'm happy with the results. Here are a few images, some with the dbrand camera skin on and one with it off. I liked the look better without the camera skin and after installing the camera skin portion although I think it still looks nice I felt like it looked significantly better without the camera skin. With the camera skin i felt like it made the phone look toooooooo green everywhere to my eyes.

Anyways just wanted to share and hopefully the pics come out ok since I'm using the free version of tapatalk, thanks.
7805f1c5af94dc615eb0fc1acec46947.jpg
43c6c27eccc7d1b164fe7ed6b735e992.jpg
67c186a809ebcffba9429f84db455814.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys wanted to share what a dbrand skin + MNML Case combo looks like. So first I ended up ordering a MNML Case since they were having big discounts during the holidays. I figured since the pixel 5 is built out of metal and plastic I probably wouldn't need as much protection as the previous all glass pixel devices. I've never tried this case before because of how thin it was based on reviews etc but I've always loved having the thinnest possible cases that add the least amount of bulk. I've had my eyes on the MNML cases for the past 2 years but never pulled the triggered and fast fwd to today here we are.

I got to use this case for about 2 weeks and realized uhmm I wonder if I could order a dbrand skin and slap it on the case instead of the phone. So I tried putting the pixel 5 with the MNML Case inside a normal case and it fit like a glove literally almost exactly the same as if there was no case on the phone at all. It was then that I decided to order a dbrand skin to try this experiment out.

The Dbrand skin came in today and I have had a chance to install it on the case "NOT" on the phone directly and I'm happy with the results. Here are a few images, some with the dbrand camera skin on and one with it off. I liked the look better without the camera skin and after installing the camera skin portion although I think it still looks nice I felt like it looked significantly better without the camera skin. With the camera skin i felt like it made the phone look toooooooo green everywhere to my eyes.

Anyways just wanted to share and hopefully the pics come out ok since I'm using the free version of tapatalk, thanks. //uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210105/7805f1c5af94dc615eb0fc1acec46947.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210105/43c6c27eccc7d1b164fe7ed6b735e992.jpg//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210105/67c186a809ebcffba9429f84db455814.jpg
Hey dude, that looks really awesome! Good for you! I'm a little confused though... You put the dbrand skin directly on your case? You mean on the outer part of the case?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hey dude, that looks really awesome! Good for you! I'm a little confused though... You put the dbrand skin directly on your case? You mean on the outer part of the case?
Correct in the back of the case and it was a very good fit.

wrecklass

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Cool!
Where did you find the skin and how difficult was it to line up when applying? Also, can you give a profile pic to see how much of the edge of covered?

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Cool!
Where did you find the skin and how difficult was it to line up when applying? Also, can you give a profile pic to see how much of the edge of covered?
It's a Dbrand skin which comes with 2 styles one that coveres the back and the sides and one that only covers the back. I installed the one that covers the back bc the sides are a little harder to do and i used a blow dryer to help make it perfectly smooth as instructed in the video that teaches you how to apply them. I'll take photos when I have a moment and post them. Over all it was an easy install and only took a few minutes.

Last edited:

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Here are the requested images showing the sides to demonstrate how it looks. I actually like the way it looks and sure it might look better if I use the secondary skin which covers the sides as well but that is much harder to align so I decided to go with this one and I like the two tone look. I've tried the other skin on the pixel 3 xl and 4 xl and i could never get the edges perfectly smooth so this time around I went with this one right off the bat.
320322b58bb87f582214329760432270.jpg
1934bfb601f2c9d5fd87da0867fd68da.jpg

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Here are the requested images showing the sides to demonstrate how it looks. I actually like the way it looks and sure it might look better if I use the secondary skin which covers the sides as well but that is much harder to align so I decided to go with this one and I like the two tone look. I've tried the other skin on the pixel 3 xl and 4 xl and i could never get the edges perfectly smooth so this time around I went with this one right off the bat.
320322b58bb87f582214329760432270.jpg
1934bfb601f2c9d5fd87da0867fd68da.jpg
Now, see dude, that's freaking sweet! I'm confused though, you put the dbrand skin on the outside part of the case Versus the phone?

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Yup! Did the same with mine a few weeks ago. Wrapped the MNML case with a honeycomb skin. This combination surprisingly saved my P5 (no marks or scratches) from a 15ft roof fall....lol... Well, the skin didnt. Dbrand gives you 2 skins, so I used the 2nd one. Still looks and feels great! IMG_0023.jpeg

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Yup! Did the same with mine a few weeks ago. Wrapped the MNML case with a honeycomb skin. This combination surprisingly saved my P5 (no marks or scratches) from a 15ft roof fall....lol... Well, the skin didnt. Dbrand gives you 2 skins, so I used the 2nd one. Still looks and feels great! View attachment 330531
Ha nice to see someone else had the same idea. Isn't it such a perfect fit?

Infact I like it so much that for my next phone if they make a MNML Case and Dbrand skin I'll do it again. Also have a second MNML Case i got for free,i might just buy another dbrand skin and throw it on the spare case so I can alternate between two colors.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Ha nice to see someone else had the same idea. Isn't it such a perfect fit?

Infact I like it so much that for my next phone if they make a MNML Case and Dbrand skin I'll do it again. Also have a second MNML Case i got for free,i might just buy another dbrand skin and throw it on the spare case so I can alternate between two colors.
Yup! Did the same with mine a few weeks ago. Wrapped the MNML case with a honeycomb skin. This combination surprisingly saved my P5 (no marks or scratches) from a 15ft roof fall....lol... Well, the skin didnt. Dbrand gives you 2 skins, so I used the 2nd one. Still looks and feels great! View attachment 330531
Well , damn good job guys! Never thought I'd say this, but the mnml case and a dbrand skin looks pretty fun good. Although, how was it to get the fitment just right, especially fur those damn corners on the precision cut skin? That's the most frustrating part about the skin... I honestly wonder why it would be so much easier to put on the case versus the phone... Lol.

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Well , damn good job guys! Never thought I'd say this, but the mnml case and a dbrand skin looks pretty fun good. Although, how was it to get the fitment just right, especially fur those damn corners on the precision cut skin? That's the most frustrating part about the skin... I honestly wonder why it would be so much easier to put on the case versus the phone... Lol.
Not sure since u did just the back but since it's literally basically the same size as the phone i would imagine it being the same exact effort.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Not sure since u did just the back but since it's literally basically the same size as the phone i would imagine it being the same exact effort.
Right I mean but why would the corners go down better versus just putting the skin on the phone directly? Lol that's the part that just doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong though, it looks great! Of course!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Right I mean but why would the corners go down better versus just putting the skin on the phone directly? Lol that's the part that just doesn't make sense to me. Don't get me wrong though, it looks great! Of course!
Bc the cases textures feels very similar to the phone's texture. I think the outside of the be is coated with plastic type material. You'd be surprised how similar it actually feels.

Maybe The_Woo can provide feedback since he actually installed both skins.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Right on!!!! Yeah, the full fit skin was pretty easy as well. That's the 2nd one I had to put on after my P5 took a ride. It aligns almost perfect with the cutouts. The key was to keep adjusting the skin while the hair dryer was blowing on it. Almost like your pulling it. I'm thinking about getting another MNML case, just hate the long wait from Hong Kong

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Right on!!!! Yeah, the full fit skin was pretty easy as well. That's the 2nd one I had to put on after my P5 took a ride. It aligns almost perfect with the cutouts. The key was to keep adjusting the skin while the hair dryer was blowing on it. Almost like your pulling it. I'm thinking about getting another MNML case, just hate the long wait from Hong Kong
Bc the cases textures feels very similar to the phone's texture. I think the outside of the be is coated with plastic type material. You'd be surprised how similar it actually feels.

Maybe The_Woo can provide feedback since he actually installed both skins.
Well I'll tell you then, that's freaking awesome! If you guys! Maybe I'll put on my skin soon who knows. The only reason I hesitate is because when my dad and I did it last time the dbrand skin didn't go on smoothly behind my taste. But I suppose the key is to keep the hair dryer on to get the heat on it and the skin to make it soft and maneuverable.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Well I'll tell you then, that's freaking awesome! If you guys! Maybe I'll put on my skin soon who knows. The only reason I hesitate is because when my dad and I did it last time the dbrand skin didn't go on smoothly behind my taste. But I suppose the key is to keep the hair dryer on to get the heat on it and the skin to make it soft and maneuverable.
You're 100% correct....just keep that hairdryer on it and adjust to your liking.

Good luck if you do it.....