DBrand skin combined with MNML Transparent Case

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Here are the requested images showing the sides to demonstrate how it looks. I actually like the way it looks and sure it might look better if I use the secondary skin which covers the sides as well but that is much harder to align so I decided to go with this one and I like the two tone look. I've tried the other skin on the pixel 3 xl and 4 xl and i could never get the edges perfectly smooth so this time around I went with this one right off the bat.
320322b58bb87f582214329760432270.jpg
1934bfb601f2c9d5fd87da0867fd68da.jpg

Sweet!! Great idea, and came out awesome. Me likey :p

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Not bad but if you go RhinoShield bumper case + skin its even thinner and offers more protection!
I disagree to me the rhinoshield bumper was bulkier when holding the phone. It does protect the frame better sure but not the back. I had one on the pixel 4 xl and the one thing that bothered me about that setup is two things, #1 for me the bumper case buttons were so hard to press making it a terrible experience unless I got unlucky with the bumper I received and #2 i didn't like the feeling in the hand of how the frame was noticeably a different size than the rest of the phone not blending in to the back smoothly. I like a full case bc of how it smoothly it all blends in to the back just like a naked phone itself other than that it can still be a good setup for some just not my cup of tea.

Here is a pic attached of my previous setup a rhinoshield bumper case + dbrand white skin. Looked cool, but really didn't enjoy the feeling in the hand. Also, my rhinoshield case felt a little crooked and might be why the buttons were hard to press is my guess.
0abc25e651c4739abdc0c68c6ec65025.jpg

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Not bad but if you go RhinoShield bumper case + skin its even thinner and offers more protection!
MNML is practically a skin itself. The thing is ridiculously thin. I personally like it because of the added protection, although it's minimal (pardon the pun).

I like Rhino, but it's no way thinner overall. The bumper adds a bit of girth around the edges.

Wooo!

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
MNML is practically a skin itself. The thing is ridiculously thin. I personally like it because of the added protection, although it's minimal (pardon the pun).

I like Rhino, but it's no way thinner overall. The bumper adds a bit of girth around the edges.

Wooo!
You did a much better job than I describing my issue with the rhinoshield vs MNML Case.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
100% hair dryer is day and night difference without it it's always difficult.
You're 100% correct....just keep that hairdryer on it and adjust to your liking.

Good luck if you do it.....
Yeah I mean honestly guys, last time my father and I applied my old dbrand skin to my Pixel 3 XL, we did use his hair dryer, but we probably didn't use it long enough to heat up the glue and make it maneuverable! I had my bomber case on rhino shield on it anyway so it didn't really matter but when I put my dbrand skin on my new phone, I'm going to have to be a lot more careful with the hair dryer! That's for sure. That's why I'm always curious and I always wonder how people get such good fitments on the precision cut the brand skin lol

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I disagree to me the rhinoshield bumper was bulkier when holding the phone. It does protect the frame better sure but not the back. I had one on the pixel 4 xl and the one thing that bothered me about that setup is two things, #1 for me the bumper case buttons were so hard to press making it a terrible experience unless I got unlucky with the bumper I received and #2 i didn't like the feeling in the hand of how the frame was noticeably a different size than the rest of the phone not blending in to the back smoothly. I like a full case bc of how it smoothly it all blends in to the back just like a naked phone itself other than that it can still be a good setup for some just not my cup of tea.

Here is a pic attached of my previous setup a rhinoshield bumper case + dbrand white skin. Looked cool, but really didn't enjoy the feeling in the hand. Also, my rhinoshield case felt a little crooked and might be why the buttons were hard to press is my guess.
0abc25e651c4739abdc0c68c6ec65025.jpg
I agree with you on that... When I had my runnershield bumper case on my Pixel 3 XL, it did offer good drop protection, but the bumper case did make the phone a bit bulkier and wider to hold in the hands overall.

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
You did a much better job than I describing my issue with the rhinoshield vs MNML Case.
Haha yes, absolutely correct. The problem with the rhino shield is they're not making a bumper case for the Pixel 5. Only the full case which I don't really care about.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
ROFL!!!!! Haha I'm going to order a new skin in a bit as well, but not sure which skin to get. What skin did you order?
Hahaha!

Got me a honeycomb silver wrap from Sopiguard. I have the blk honeycomb on my lens so I want it to match when I rotate cases...... OCD much!!! LMAO

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hahaha!

Got me a honeycomb silver wrap from Sopiguard. I have the blk honeycomb on my lens so I want it to match when I rotate cases...... OCD much!!! LMAO
Nice never heard of sopiguard and woah like half the price of a dbrand. I'm going to grab one of these instead and try it out. Thanks for sharing.

The_Woo

Aug 22, 2020
Visit site
Nice never heard of sopiguard and woah like half the price of a dbrand. I'm going to grab one of these instead and try it out. Thanks for sharing.
Right on!

I wouldn't buy their plain colored ones though. Very cheap feeling. The textured ones are pretty good

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Hahaha!

Damn, I've never heard of one of those wraps either. I'll have to check them out myself!