Fingerprint sensor rubbish after April update?

Sumo75

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Have never had a problem with the fingerprint sensor but since I down loaded the April patch it's really hit and miss, mostly miss.
Have cleaned the sensor with a screen wipe and erased all the prints and reset them. When resetting it again says sensor dirty try again later?

Anyone had any issues? Or words of wisdom?

Thanks.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was going to recommend deleting and resetting your fingerprints but I see that you have done that. Perhaps sending it in for repair is the best course of action, if all else fails.

Keep us posted on what happens!

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
A simple update should not render the Finger Print sensor inoperable! Since nothing you have tried seems to work then I would recommend a factory reset before you send your phone off to the great big void called customer care! Yes, a factory reset is painful, but it may fix the bug...and...sending your phone into oblivion is even more painful! YMMV

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
A simple update should not render the Finger Print sensor inoperable! Since nothing you have tried seems to work then I would recommend a factory reset before you send your phone off to the great big void called customer care! Yes, a factory reset is painful, but it may fix the bug...and...sending your phone into oblivion is even more painful! YMMV
Agreed!! Honestly if you have everything backed up to cloud, it takes less than a hour to two to reset and restore everything back to how it was. May be I have so many phones and just used to reset/restore/setup on so many phones that setting up phone is a breeze

eric002

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Agreed!! Honestly if you have everything backed up to cloud, it takes less than a hour to two to reset and restore everything back to how it was. May be I have so many phones and just used to reset/restore/setup on so many phones that setting up phone is a breeze

Yeah. You’re absolutely right doesn’t take too long to restore the phone after a full restore, it’s just a pain in the butt to re setup all of your ringtones, app settings, etc.

KrisYYC

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm having some problems with the fingerprint sensor and it's infuriating. It RARELY works anymore to log into banking apps etc. It works maybe 10% of the time unlocking the device as well. It used to work almost 100% of the time.

Anybody else? Any known fixes?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm having some problems with the fingerprint sensor and it's infuriating. It RARELY works anymore to log into banking apps etc. It works maybe 10% of the time unlocking the device as well. It used to work almost 100% of the time.

Anybody else? Any known fixes?
Hi, you try to re-register?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana