The Pro is a Honking big phone

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Re: The Pro is a Honking big phone.

Here ya go...
f9d30e524def7f46f48de7a89ebfa390.jpg

Man that Nexus 6 is wide and thick... that would be a chunk to try and stuff in a pocket :eek: It makes the 6 Pro look much more pocketable :p

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Here is another pic of the i6 , N6 , P6 Pro case and the Pixel 2 XL(Left to Right). The N6 is just a few mm wide.

PXL_20211023_142041550.jpg

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site

That width was a killer for sure... Pro is just taller but so is my flip nothing new there with all the latest phones..

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

No way. I've had every Google phone since Nexus one. The nexus 6 was the largest phone I've ever had. I still have it(and all my other Nexus phones). I'll take a picture of it's case next to the pixel 6 pro case later today.

I am not sure what you are seeing? The N6 is wider, but look at the height difference. By volume the pro is larger. I can turn on the screen of the N6 if you do not believe that is an N6 in my pic...In fact all my phones are fully charged and working.

Tho I don't think either one of us cares enough to argue the point. I know I don't. I plan on giving my old phones away in my other forums as soon as I can just to get rid of them.

Having a thinner phone is easier to handle and the P2 XL always felt smaller and more comfortable. The N6 had a lot of unusable bezel compared to the newer phones.

GrumpyMomofMacR

Nov 7, 2016
Visit site

I wish I still had my Hitachi G1000 to show you all what a monster smartphone looked like.

It was a Pocket PC phone. It was about half an inch thick. In its time it felt tall, but was probably no taller than iPhone 6 Plus. I’m sure the dimensions are somewhere on the internet. Oh here’s a review https://www.cnet.com/reviews/hitachi-g1000-unlocked-review/

At the time, the trend was to go smaller. And I regret I didn’t hang on longer to that phone because it was a pleasure to use. Typing was comfortable. The rotating camera was so clever in its day. I miss that feature and am surprised it disappeared almost immediately to be replaced by front and rear cameras, with front facing cameras being inferior quality for years, if they were included at all.

But it was big and dragged my shorts down when I’d clip the included carrying pouch to my waistband. I was younger then and more concerned about looking weird with this gigantic phone stuck to me. It took all the available space in my small purses. The protruding antenna got caught on things sometimes. Ah, those were the days!

When I went down to smaller Treos and then the T Mobile Dash and then the iPhones, I thought I’d said goodbye to pocket busting phones forever.

A psychic, I am not!

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site

I am not sure what you are seeing? The N6 is wider, but look at the height difference. By volume the pro is larger. I can turn on the screen of the N6 if you do not believe that is an N6 in my pic...In fact all my phones are fully charged and working.

Tho I don't think either one of us cares enough to argue the point. I know I don't. I plan on giving my old phones away in my other forums as soon as I can just to get rid of them.

Having a thinner phone is easier to handle and the P2 XL always felt smaller and more comfortable. The N6 had a lot of unusable bezel compared to the newer phones.
I'm not arguing with you. The width on the n6 made it feel larger than any other phone. It didn't fit in pockets, it was awkward one handed, and it never fit car phone holders.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

Wow! That's gonna be a huge phone! Thank you for showing us a real-life size comparison!

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

I stopped by Best Buy today to play with it. It's roughly the same size as my S21+ so I'll be fine. I feel like you never can get a good sense for actually using the phone at all standing there playing with it in the store. And, it was on a remarkably out of the way location. I walked around the phones and then finally had to ask where it was

Jazuyo

Jul 28, 2021
Visit site

It's exactly why I'm sticking with my pixel 5 the size is just perfect for my hand and pocket

fonefanatic

May 2, 2010
Visit site

I held one at best buy today, the pro is definitely a big phone! It will take some getting used to since I pre-order it already

bmarkrivera

Dec 15, 2015
Visit site

So I got my 6 pro this morning, coming from a s21 plus and the size difference is negligible. Even if you do find it large you will get used to it very quick.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site

I've disliked the trend of thinner and taller. My favorite was my Nexus 6.

Since the Pixel 6 Pro has almost no bezel, the actual screen is almost as wide as my old Nexus 6.

My most used app is my Interactive Brokers trading app where I look at a lot of stock charts and screen width is very important for me.

I preordered a Pixel 6 Pro 128.

Since I upload my images to OneDrive in close to real-time, 128GB is all I need for my photography.

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Saw the Pro at Best Buy. Yeah, it's a large phone, but nothing we haven't seen already. It's identical in size to my OnePlus Nord N10 5g.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

I stopped by Best Buy today to play with it. It's roughly the same size as my S21+ so I'll be fine. I feel like you never can get a good sense for actually using the phone at all standing there playing with it in the store. And, it was on a remarkably out of the way location. I walked around the phones and then finally had to ask where it was

You're right about never really being able to get a good feel of the display model while in-store - especially when it's strapped into the counter. And there's the "idling" pressure... Just not a good way to test out the phone.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Unfortunately there seems to be constant phone size creep. Every phone I get is just a few mm larger than the last. The 6 Pro is a few mm taller than my S21 Plus. There is definitely a point of diminishing returns on phone size with what you can actually fit in your pocket.
I miss the days when phones were about the size of the 2013 Moto X.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

You're right about never really being able to get a good feel of the display model while in-store - especially when it's strapped into the counter. And there's the "idling" pressure... Just not a good way to test out the phone.

Yes, that big wire sticking out of the back holding it to the display doesn't help matters. Thankfully the general public seems to have no clue about Pixel's so there wasn't exactly a line of people to see it like with new Samsung releases.