Overheating?

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
My pixel 6 pro on day 1 got so hot, it lagged and restarted itself; I was just on facebook and had spotfiy running on the background. Currently on day 2, battery seems better, have not noticed it getting warmer again yet but its still early in the day. I have seen reports that recording on 4k 60fps past a certain time will cause it to get quite hot.
Anybody else having similar issues?

bkdodger2

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've not had any issues with it other than a little warm when running Android Auto but nothing crazy. Pretty much the same as my other phones on Android Auto. Hopefully you don't see any more heat issues. I was just watching a video with the guy was filming for a good amount of time with the phone and using video and it. He said it was a little warm but nothing too crazy so hopefully it's a one-off for you

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
They definitely get warm but not to the point where it concerns me or burns me. Reviewers talked about it and even did a temperature test and supposedly didn't get as hot as some other flagship phones. I don't have the video to link but if you search on YouTube you can find it. Also, the first day for me it felt as if it was warm most of the time but that's when I was reinstalling all of my apps and using the device at the same time. "expected".

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My 6 Pro got fairly warm on the first day, but this was while charging (on my Pixelbook charger, which is 45W) and installing lots of apps, so that's not too surprising. Since then, I haven't noticed any significant warmth, although I haven't started using it as my daily driver until last night.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm now on day 6 with my 6 Pro. Heating has been bad the last two days. I'm used to Android Auto causing my Pixel 5 to heat, but this thing gets hot when I'm using AA. It then stayed really really hot throughout the evening. I rebooted before bed and it was fine this morning until I had to drive somewhere. Got hot again and then didn't cool down for a few hours. I'm wondering if it's either AA or 5G signal issues. I still love this phone so I'd be very bummed if it wasn't something software related that could be fixed with an update.

southjersey786

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
yea, I can't deal with bugs, too busy for that, I will wait until my last day of my return period which is 12 more days, if it happens again, I'm returning it and back to the iphone 12 pro max; I know it's Google's first chip and all but for a 1000$, I shouldn't have issues

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm now on day 6 with my 6 Pro. Heating has been bad the last two days. I'm used to Android Auto causing my Pixel 5 to heat, but this thing gets hot when I'm using AA. It then stayed really really hot throughout the evening. I rebooted before bed and it was fine this morning until I had to drive somewhere. Got hot again and then didn't cool down for a few hours. I'm wondering if it's either AA or 5G signal issues. I still love this phone so I'd be very bummed if it wasn't something software related that could be fixed with an update.

Try turning off 5G and see if the problem persists on LTE alone. If your 5G signal is poor or inconsistent in your area, that might cause heating issues as the modem tries harder to maintain the signal.

bcfour

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
Have not had any issues since this morning. AA is definitely one culprit but I suspect weak 5G signal is the prime driver.

bchandler02

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone used a P6 (non-pro) to shoot 4K video outside for 5-10 mins?
This is an area where my P5 fails as it overheats if I am in the sun - or even in a hot room such as at a concert.

Looking to see if this is fixed on the P6 - otherwise I see no major benefit for my particular use cases to upgrade from my P5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt