SIM problem. Overheating???

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site

My Pixel 8 Pro sometimes loses its SIM connection. It shows no SIM error. Turning it off and back on doesn't seem to help.

This has happened a few times over the last month. Infuriating.

Today I did notice that the phone was a little warm. Not hot but warmer than usual. I finally turned it off and got ready to take out the SIM and reseat it. In the process the phone must have Cooled a little. .

Before I took out the SIM I turned it on one last time.

It started working again!!!!!

Great but what is causing this phenomenon?

I have other phones on the same plan so I know it's not the service.

I reset network connections a few times and that didn't help either.

I use Boost Infinite on AT&T towers.

Thoughts?

Soligna

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site

My Pixel 8 Pro sometimes loses its SIM connection. It shows no SIM error. Turning it off and back on doesn't seem to help.

This has happened a few times over the last month. Infuriating.

Today I did notice that the phone was a little warm. Not hot but warmer than usual. I finally turned it off and got ready to take out the SIM and reseat it. In the process the phone must have Cooled a little. .

Before I took out the SIM I turned it on one last time.

It started working again!!!!!

Great but what is causing this phenomenon?

I have other phones on the same plan so I know it's not the service.

I reset network connections a few times and that didn't help either.

I use Boost Infinite on AT&T towers.

Thoughts?
Boost Infinite has terrible SIM cards, I would get a replacement SIM and hope they actually get eSIMs to android sometime soon. I switched because my Boost Infinite SIMs kept failing one after another

Reactions: wyelkins

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
The heating could be due to anything. Ever since Google moved to Tensor, heating has been a major issue for the phone, so it's not out of the realm that SIM card issues could be related to the phone heating.

If the SIM card works fine in your other phones, then doesn't sound like a SIM card issue. Check to make sure it works fine on them. Try factory resetting the Pixel and using the SIM card again. If it still has the no SIM error then try getting a new SIM to see if that works. Finally is that doesn't work, then looks like your Pixel is a dud and one of many that has major issues. It's still under warranty, so contact your retailer that you bought it from and see if you can get a repair/replacement.

Good luck.

Danny0311

Jun 28, 2022
Visit site
Pixel 8 is working much better now. I like the narrower size(instead of the 7a), and i love the refresh rate(up to 120hz).

wyelkins

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
As per another post on here, my SIM finally died. I had an unused spare from a while back. I did a SIM swap (that is an actual process done by customer service) to keep my phone number. It went quickly and everything is running great.

I broke the screen on my Pixel 8 Pro in the process of removing the old SIM (actually the case ) so I put the new SIM in a OnePlus 12..

Google is sending me a refurbished pixel 8 Pro under extended warranty coverage. I will put the SIM back in the Pixel since I found out that the OnePlus 12 doesn't support WiFi calling on AT&T (Nationwide outage last week). WiFi calling is nice when you need it.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

SeeBeeEss

Jan 5, 2019
Visit site
For what it is worth, I have been using an eSIM as my primary SIM since day one and have also used a travel eSIM. No heat or issues with them.

Last edited: